The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

20 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Okay I saw him vs UGA this year and he looked slow to me. I’ll look more into him.

If you take out some of the top backs in this class and go second tear, Vaughn is arguably the most physical and tough runner in the class in that 2nd tear.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So let me get this straight, basically any good football player that returns to school to finish his degree and accomplish more in college is dumb?

Obviously some Bama players wanted to accomplish some more and that is why a few of the elite guys have returned.  If Deonte Brown also returns they will have a pretty solid OL along with Neal and Leatherwood.  And if a player is actually serious about completing their degree, returning to school now for some makes sense because they are in the routine of college.   If they leave school sure they could come back later and finish but some might struggle with that adjustment back to school life, I know I would.  Get it done while they are in the routine of it all if it means something to them.  

Next year it would not even be a question if Najee Harris is the best back in the draft.  So in that way it is smart of him, instead of falling to the 2nd round like he easily could have this year.  

Kind of sucks for Brian Robinson Jr, he could have really broke out next season but kid still has pro potential regardless.  And will be curious what Trey Sanders does returning from injury.  

Let’s not pretend like a degree from Alabama means anything, a glorified associates degree.

12 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Let’s not pretend like a degree from Alabama means anything, a glorified associates degree.

It's better than not having a college degree or having an AA degree. Outside of a relatively short list of elite schools, college degrees are college degrees.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's better than not having a college degree or having an AA degree. Outside of a relatively short list of elite schools, college degrees are college degrees.

Very true, now granted one could argue a bachelor of science degree from a lot of major Universities is actually BS if one only looks at does that degree get you a job in the degree field or not.  A dude with welding training from a small technical college might be better off because they are almost guaranteed a job in that field instantly.  But for a lot of the guys they might be the first person in their entire family to graduate from a University with a degree so it does mean something.  Sure it helps that the team is a National title contender every season, that is a little reason to come back as well.

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Very true, now granted one could argue a bachelor of science degree from a lot of major Universities is actually BS if one only looks at does that degree get you a job in the degree field or not.  A dude with welding training from a small technical college might be better off because they are almost guaranteed a job in that field instantly.  But for a lot of the guys they might be the first person in their entire family to graduate from a University with a degree so it does mean something.  Sure it helps that the team is a National title contender every season, that is a little reason to come back as well.

Let's keep it to football talk.

Like if I think Harris is wrong cause all he is going to do is keep himself from getting a 2nd NFL contract for another year because I don't believe he is talented enough to get above being a mid-2nd round pick.

57 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He was OSU’s best player last year. What are you talking about?

In 2018? Not a chance, sorry but 4.5 YPC in Ohio St. is pretty pedestrian. Dobbins required a running QB to be effective throughout college, the one year he didn’t have one (2018) he was a very average RB. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good but definitely not a top 2-3 RB in this class.

50 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Let's keep it to football talk.

Like if I think Harris is wrong cause all he is going to do is keep himself from getting a 2nd NFL contract for another year because I don't believe he is talented enough to get above being a mid-2nd round pick.

These are student athletes and we can’t talk about the student aspect? To most of these kids getting a degree is much more important for their lives than playing college football.

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

These are student athletes and we can’t talk about the student aspect? To most of these kids getting a degree is much more important for their lives than playing college football.

I felt like the comments got a bit past where I'd like us to go.  Especially because it wasn't relevant to being a student-athlete and instead focused on the quality of a specific degree.  

5 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

In 2018? Not a chance, sorry but 4.5 YPC in Ohio St. is pretty pedestrian. Dobbins required a running QB to be effective throughout college, the one year he didn’t have one (2018) he was a very average RB. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good but definitely not a top 2-3 RB in this class.

Ok buddy. Kinda like how almost every Wisconsin RB fails when they don’t have that scheme to rely on in the NFL? You sound butthurt about OSU rolling over Wisconsin to be honest.