Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

@Danger @CWood21 Y’all are really underestimating the Clippers. Like the world don’t revolve around the Lakers in LA. The Clippers have Doc Rivers who is a better coach than Luke Walton. The Clippers also have Jerry West who is better than Magic when it comes to managing a team. I trust those two guys to build a team to compete for a championship in the future. People didn’t think much about the Warriors but Jerry West turned that team to a dynasty by drafting Steph, Klay, Draymond, and getting Iggy. I do agree that Kawhi wants to be the face of a franchise instead of a sidekick. He would be just that with the Clippers.

He is?

Jerry West was a consultant with the Warriors and nothing more.  He did not draft Stephen Curry (or anyone) and Bob Meyers ran the show, not Jerry.  Jerry consulted and the only major thing he had any major involvement in (that the public knows about at least ) was beinf firmly against the Klay Thompson for Kevin Love trade.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

He is?

Jerry West was a consultant with the Warriors and nothing more.  He did not draft Stephen Curry (or anyone) and Bob Meyers ran the show, not Jerry.  Jerry consulted and the only major thing he had any major involvement in (that the public knows about at least ) was beinf firmly against the Klay Thompson for Kevin Love trade.

Um yes. What has Walton done to let you believe otherwise? Doc won an NBA championship and has led the Clippers to the playoffs multiple times. Has he underachieved with the Clippers? Yes but no way in hell is Walton better than Doc as a coach. I know people are drunk off the LeBron to LA but let me put it to you this way, LeBron didn’t even speak to Walton when it came to his decision. Do you think he would’ve done that to Doc? I don’t think so. Doc is well respected for being one of the better coaches in the NBA and no way anyone should disrespect his name by saying Luke Walton is a better coach than him. 

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Um yes. What has Walton done to let you believe otherwise? Doc won an NBA championship and has led the Clippers to the playoffs multiple times. Has he underachieved with the Clippers? Yes but no way in hell is Walton better than Doc as a coach. I know people are drunk off the LeBron to LA but let me put it to you this way, LeBron didn’t even speak to Walton when it came to his decision. Do you think he would’ve done that to Doc? I don’t think so. Doc is well respected for being one of the better coaches in the NBA and no way anyone should disrespect his name by saying Luke Walton is a better coach than him. 

I mean, if you're going to give all that credit to Doc Rivers instead of the Big 3 + Rondo go right ahead.  You're wrong, but go right ahead.  What team has he taken and they've overachieved?  He's considerably worse than Brad Stevens.  There's a reason why there were real rumblings about the Clippers moving on.  Is Doc better than Luke?  I could definitely see the argument, but I don't think it's as clear as you think it is.  And the fact that LeBron didn't even grant the Clippers a meeting tells me enough about the general thought of the Clippers.

42 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If the Sixers could keep Covington should give up Fultz?  That team could guard the Warriors.

who are the sixers even bidding against at this point? Just themselves? 

57 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think Rivers is incredibly overrated and has done nothing but underachieve his entire career.  The only reason he's still a coach is because Ainge traded for Allen and Garnett.

Is Vinny del ***** a great coach?  Because Rivers didn't do anything that VDN didn't do.

44 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I think Rivers is incredibly overrated and has done nothing but underachieve his entire career.  The only reason he's still a coach is because Ainge traded for Allen and Garnett.

Is Vinny del ***** a great coach?  Because Rivers didn't do anything that VDN didn't do.

He's the epitome of solid and had a lot to do with the C's winning in 08. That being said, that squad had another ship in them and Doc couldnt get it out of them. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

who are the sixers even bidding against at this point? Just themselves? 

Probably just the Lakers.  Reportedly the Sixers, and Lakers/Clipps are the teams he’d consider re-signing with.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah you can call Doc overrated but honestly what the heck has Walton done?

He led the Warriors to a better record than Kerr.

I don't think either are great coaches.  Rivers just kept to get coaching his super team and still almost lost to 1 player and got pushed to 7 games by an awful Hawks team.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He led the Warriors to a better record than Kerr.

I don't think either are great coaches.  Rivers just kept to get coaching his super team and still almost lost to 1 player and got pushed to 7 games by an awful Hawks team.

Mike Brown also “led” the Warriors to 13-0 in the post season...

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Mike Brown also “led” the Warriors to 13-0 in the post season...

So Doc has shown nothing that Luke Walton and Mike Brown haven't shown.

He was an average coach when he didn't have 3 or 4 All-Stars/Hall of Famers on his team.  And even when he did he couldn't get them out of the 2nd round in the West.  I'm just not a Doc fan and think he's been carried as much as any coach ever to a level of respect that he doesn't deserve.

What Doc did this year with the Clippers was as impressive of a job as he has ever done. What he did in 2010 getting that team one game from the title as a 4th seed was impressive. 

You could argue just how good he is, but Walton hasn't proven to be better than him yet. And Doc certainly would have LeBron's respect more than Walton. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

So Doc has shown nothing that Luke Walton and Mike Brown haven't shown.

He was an average coach when he didn't have 3 or 4 All-Stars/Hall of Famers on his team.  And even when he did he couldn't get them out of the 2nd round in the West.  I'm just not a Doc fan and think he's been carried as much as any coach ever to a level of respect that he doesn't deserve.

Not my point, my point is that whatever you think of Doc Walton has done squat. 

Archived