Putting the Training (Camp) Wheels On!

swede700

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Trade Alexander to San Diego for Forest Lamp. 

I just don't know how the Chargers (LA) would be up for that. It'd be a no-brainer in my mind though. I think if the CB group shows up big this year through camp, and Hill, Hughes, and Alexander all look good enough, I'd almost be willing to trade Waynes for Lamp and maybe a mid round pick. Waynes is up in the air already on his long term future with the team, and with what he may garner as far as a contract, we might not be able to keep him anyways. It'd be worth it, in my opinion, to bolster the O-line a bit. It'd make keeping Newman around this year easier as well. Not that I want Waynes gone, but if we won't be able to re-sign him because of his cost, and our CB's are developing well, we might as well get something in return now.

4 hours ago, RpMc said:

Could we see a trade? If Hughes steps into the nickel role, Holton Hill is having a great camp, Sherels is a key contributor on every special team, and Newman can play all three (separating slot and outside corner) DB positions... could we trade Mackensie Alexander? Does he have a long term role on this team? Could we move him to address... say the offensive line?

around cut time, you often see teams trade players where they have a ton of depth, for areas they don’t. 

I've honestly wondered about that scenario multiple times, or even cutting Alexander (though I think we could get something for him in trade)

Sounds like Jaleel Johnson has made significant strides this year. A strib article said he cut weight last year  - from 316 to 280. Now he’s at 295 and has put on the right kind of weight. I have high hopes for him.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

I've honestly wondered about that scenario multiple times, or even cutting Alexander (though I think we could get something for him in trade)

Cutting Alexander isn’t even close to being an option. He’s a young (24), talented player at a premium position. 

Trading him? Sure. But, cutting him? No way. 

1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I just don't know how the Chargers (LA) would be up for that. It'd be a no-brainer in my mind though. I think if the CB group shows up big this year through camp, and Hill, Hughes, and Alexander all look good enough, I'd almost be willing to trade Waynes for Lamp and maybe a mid round pick. Waynes is up in the air already on his long term future with the team, and with what he may garner as far as a contract, we might not be able to keep him anyways. It'd be worth it, in my opinion, to bolster the O-line a bit. It'd make keeping Newman around this year easier as well. Not that I want Waynes gone, but if we won't be able to re-sign him because of his cost, and our CB's are developing well, we might as well get something in return now.

Don’t know if they would pull the trigger on the trade proposed, but they do need corner help with Verrett continually being nicked up. 

One of the best throws Cousins has executed was actually an incompletion. Cousins perfectly threaded a football to Diggs amidst three Vikings defenders on Friday during a two-minute drill. The ball bounced off Diggs’ hands and was one of several drops that afternoon. Diggs and the receiving corps did punitive push-ups after the practice to atone for the practice-long case of the drops.

https://www.vikings.com/news/10-takeaways-so-far-from-2018-vikings-training-camp?sf194944454=1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

receivers with some NICE moves in this video, and Treadwell with some sticky hands!

https://www.vikings.com/video/highlights-from-saturday-s-night-practice?sf194936319=1

And Cousins with some well placed throws. I’m starting to get excited for this offense. Add another Cook to the kitchen and I think we will have the perfect recipe for a balanced offense. 

Archived