2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh? The hell wrong with you? Who did you want at that spot? Porter is going to be legit. About to start closing some games now. 

It's just a huge injury risk. And the Nuggets need high level defenders and high IQ players. He was a chucker but obvi you would be when you score 35 ppg in HS. So we'll see how he looks with real coaching. But yeah I'm definitely gonna talk myself into it. Could be a total home run

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Are you serious how many great players go to the end of the first round on the second round. This is not an exact science. He fits Boston perfectly for what they need. I just never thought he would have slipped that far. But good players get drafted late all the time

Chill.

He's not saying he can't be a steal or good player. Just that work ethic concerns obviously rubbed some other teams the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's just a huge injury risk. And the Nuggets need high level defenders and high IQ players. He was a chucker but obvi you would be when you score 35 ppg in HS. So we'll see how he looks with real coaching. But yeah I'm definitely gonna talk myself into it. Could be a total home run

If you have the chance to take someone like Porter at that spot, you take him....Now the injury concerns are real, but get yourself a high level defender another time lol. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you have the chance to take someone like Porter at that spot, you take him....Now the injury concerns are real, but get yourself a high level defender another time lol. 

yeah i mean we needed length and that position of course. And the Nuggets do need a great ISO scorer at some point to have a championship level ceiling. Good gamble 

Just now, champ11 said:

yeah i mean we needed length and that position of course. And the Nuggets do need a great ISO scorer at some point to have a championship level ceiling. Good gamble 

My man! Already changing your tone on the pick. It only took you two minutes to do so lmao. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly, you forget about the fit when you have a guy who very well could have bee the #1 overall pick if a) didn't hurt his back and b) lived up to hype. There was nobody on the board at that point that I think could have come in and instantly improves the team, so in lieu of that, take the dude with the most star potential. I mean am pretty low on Porter's future, I think there's only like a 40% chance his back isn't something that haunts him indefinitely, but at 14 I'll take that gamble. 

I don't understand 76ers Mikal move, he was such a good fit. Is this because they are now anticipating Lebron? Dangerous game to play if that is the case, Mikal is a great talent.

Archived