2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

Meh.

Feel my pain.  I have a BC fan on Twitter trying to convince me that Robinson is an "elite player."  I told him we clearly have vastly differing definitions of the word "elite."

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Nah.  Wagner is Brian Cook in disguise.  Might even be Brian Cook himself; last I'd heard of Cookie he was playing in Japan and they've got all kind of wacky plastic surgery stuffs going on over there.

He's better than Cookie.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Feel my pain.  I have a BC fan on Twitter trying to convince me that Robinson is an "elite player."  I told him we clearly have vastly differing definitions of the word "elite."

I mean, the board was pretty bad.  Kevin Huerter was the most obvious pick, but he was a long shot to take there.  There's just way too much risk to take Robert Williams or Mitchell Robinson given that you're committing a guaranteed contract since he's a first round pick.  I have little doubt that Wagner is at least a solid backup big.  Doesn't really push the needle, but a reasonably high floor even if it means a limited ceiling.  And there's probably a really, really small chance they can convince him to sign overseas for a year.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I would've liked Wagner more at 39 than 25.

Dawg, you're using 39 on Melo so that when you ship Lonzo to the Spurs you can keep the two of them together in order to appease LaVar.

Archived