2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

Hard to find a trade to the Nets. I dont think they are going to be willing to part ways with a 1st round pick. They could offer Carrol and a young guy but that is about it

Knicks could offer Lee, Knox and Ntilikina, but that is a lot to offer up and would leave them pretty bare next year, especially with Porzingis still hurt. 

Clippers dont have many options to both get Butler and have a competitive roster. They can't trade gortat or Bradley at this point. They could trade Harris, but hes an odd fit in Minnesota, and would be needed to keep them competitive. Wesley Johnson, Patrick Beverly, Robinson and Alexander would work numbers wise, but the Wolves would need to make some changes to their roster to take on 4 guys. It makes sense for the Clippers to throw in a 1st, more so than the other two.

We see this time and time again, and its normally some random team that no one saw coming:

Butler to Minnesota
PG to OKC
Melo to OKC
Leonard to San Antonio
Griffin to Detriot

just to name a few

I wouldnt be shocked to see the 76ers get involved in this. It would be a great move for them. Covington and Fultz for Butler makes sense for everyone. z

Boston is always a player. Maybe they send Hayward for Butler and filler. Its known that Irving and Butler want to play together, this would make sense. 

Lakers could get in on the action but it would be really hard for them to make the numbers work

Rockets make a lot of sense and have a legit starter in Gordon and 1st round picks we dont care about

Denver has some assets to make it happen as well

Portland might be willing to send CJ McCullum and see what happens with a Butler/Lillard pairing

There are some less likely teams like the Bucks or Pelicans that would make a lot of sense basketball wise. 

Wolves start Training Camp on tuesday, so this could happen quickly

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Anywhere East and your boy is happy.

He leaves Minny and I don't think they are a playoff team. The depth on that team is horrid 

It was a good one year run for a fan base that has suffered for 13 or so years. 

If this wasn’t happening and he stayed I would have them pegged as a 7/8 seed that loses in 5 in round 1. That bench is bad and they are so flawed but they have talent. It’s a real shame. I expect Denver to make the playoffs regardless but I’d be saying the same if I was you. I’m still sure they’ll sign Noah and I wanted to see that Rose/Butler/Deng/Gibson/Noah lineup Thibs might lean on. 

Archived