McPoyle vs Ponderosa: Mafia of the Century! McPoyles win in a LANDSLIDE!

James

11 minutes ago, PuntMyLumps said:

Did I miss a soft claim?  Why would you vote for him if that's the case?

I also don't understand all the votes based off lynching a civ.  Civs lynch civs all the time

That said, ltbf

Constantly pushing your own vote is playing it off as he is gov. He didnt soft claim but that could be the reason he is pushing himself to be lynched.

Then he tries to BW someone else last second towards the end. Smells of mafia hinting they are gov and when it comes close they fire off on someone else. 

Who is pushing votes based on lynching a civ D1?

2 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Constantly pushing your own vote is playing it off as he is gov. He didnt soft claim but that could be the reason he is pushing himself to be lynched.

Then he tries to BW someone else last second towards the end. Smells of mafia hinting they are gov and when it comes close they fire off on someone else. 

Who is pushing votes based on lynching a civ D1?

Do we know that the governor can pardon his own lynch? 

1 minute ago, stallyns said:

Do we know that the governor can pardon his own lynch? 

Bill Ponderosa can pardon one player, however, Bill will die two days after the pardon

Doesn't say for sure. My bet is yes. Most games I have seen it, the gov can pardon himself. In this game he dies 2 days later so good bet he can use it on himself imo.

Nobody else has scum read on Whicker?

Since I seem to be alone on Whicker wagon, I'll follow along with ET and change to Touch, if he's just trolling then that should be apparent before nightfall and I will switch, but I am gonna assume he has a reason for the wagon for the time being.

17 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I don't think the Gov tries to get himself lynched. What does he gain?

The question is, would a mafioso propose that idea or does it require a misguided yet civ-aligned .indset.  it's a little concerning that ltbf is fixated on the role but I don't know enough about him to know if it's in his wheelhouse as mafia.  I had a scum read on him before today though

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Right now we have a very bland way to find  scum. I really thought dome was scum while reading up, we got ET not really contributing outside of telling everyone to vote touch. 

@RandyMossIsBoss explain in depth why you think Whicker is scummy, why do you have that read. Going thru his posts I had the same feeling. 

The approach he has had up until today is a lot of activity with little substance, an ideal play style for mafia since early on it is often wise not to lynch the more active players. A lot of that is just D1 shenanigans which definitely muddies the waters here, but something about how he got out in front and established his presence right off the bat by liking every vote on him rubbed me wrong way, gave me vibe of trying to hide in plain sight since natural thought process is "why would mafia draw attention to themselves in anyway."

I am very against an LTBF vote. I understand where Whicker and PML are coming from with scummy reads, BUT I would say it is very rare that the "ringleader" of the civs (I know it's a stretch to call anyone that this early, but he's up there thus far IMO) is actually mafia. We'll get more information keeping him alive, on off chance he is mafia, we'l likelyl find a ton of clues in his postings.

I'm hoping ET has a real reason for wanting Touch, otherwise either Whicker or we go after one of the quiet people. Has Slappy posted yet today? Alex Green I don't think has even posted since the game began.

11 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Should we vote for him?

Vote for who you think is mafia. He’s a noob and I don’t think he understand this well yet.

His last post before this was telling FJ “that makes sense”. That seemed to be in response to a post that KSJ quoted of Pickle Rick from before his death. 

Archived