Who are the worst projected starters in the NFL?

BleedTheClock

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Browns fans send their condolences. He was atrocious. I thought he was out of the league a long time ago.

I thought we were finally done with him when he became a FA this offseason.  Then Arie Kouandjio, who was the projected starting LG for 2018, tore his quad in OTAs and is out for the year, :(.  Then another OG got injured too.  So we signed Lauvao back.  The injury curse continues.  I think we would have drafted a LG had these injuries occurred in March/April.  Now, we're stuck with the worst starting guard in the league unless we can pull off a trade during TC.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Chris Conte | SS | Tampa Bay

Is he going to start?  I would think the best move for the Bucs would be to have Justin Evans move to strong safety, have Carlton Davis start on the outside opposite Brent Grimes and then have the duo of Vernon Hargreaves and M.J. Stewart roshambo for which one of them is the free safety and which is the nickel corner.

If we start the season with Geronimo Allison as WR2, he's gotta be up there. Don't know who RG will be. Don't know who SS will be, but Josh Jones hasn't showed he will be an average safety after his rookie year

On 6/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, Crickett said:

Is he going to start?  I would think the best move for the Bucs would be to have Justin Evans move to strong safety, have Carlton Davis start on the outside opposite Brent Grimes and then have the duo of Vernon Hargreaves and M.J. Stewart roshambo for which one of them is the free safety and which is the nickel corner.

Grimes is our starter at LCB. Carlton Davis has been ballin' and should start at RCB. VHIII is really good in the slot, but will probably start outside in base and slide inside in nickel. Evans is our rangy FS. He's been practicing there since day one and the team loves his progress.

Which brings us to SS. Our coaching staff loves Conte. Don't know why. So he's battling it out with Keith Tandy and rookie Jordan Whitehead. Tandy is probably better off the bench and unless Whitehead blows everyone away in the next couple months, he's probably looking at special teams as he develops.

As for Stewart, he's flashed here and there. But he's clearly behind Grimes, Davis, VHIII, and even Ryan Smith. And I don't think we're gonna try him at safety right now.

QB - Whomever is starting for the Buffalo Bills

RB - Lamar Miller, Houston Texans

WR - Whomever the third starting receiver on the Giants is after Odell Beckham Jr and Sterling Shepard

TE - We have a couple of whomever is starting for x team contenders here.  Whomever is starting for the Jets/Cowboys/Texans/Chargers/Broncos are the teams that jump out to me.  I have no idea who the starting TE for any of those teams are and aside from maybe the Texans, I doubt they do either. 

Whoever starts at RT for the Texans - Seantrell Henderson, Martinas Rankins, Rod Johnson, Jeff Allen or Kendall Lamm.

I have hope that LT Julie'n Davenport will turn into a good (if not great) LT one day, but that right side is a disaster.

21 minutes ago, Crickett said:

RB - Lamar Miller, Houston Texans

I'm going to be a bit optimistic here, and assume that RB Dont'a Foreman is fully recovered from his Achilles tear and will be active. If so, I give him a few weeks before he starts, and I will also say he will be a significant upgrade over Miller.

21 minutes ago, Crickett said:

TE - We have a couple of whomever is starting for x team contenders here.  Whomever is starting for the Jets/Cowboys/Texans/Chargers/Broncos are the teams that jump out to me.  I have no idea who the starting TE for any of those teams are and aside from maybe the Texans, I doubt they do either. 

Ok, yeah. Ryan Griffin, Stephen Anderson, Jordan Akins and Jordan Thomas are trash. None of them should be in the league, let alone starting.

Thomas is the most interesting of the group - former WR, played some OT and DE in JUCO, has salivating size/speed figures - but he really lacks instincts as an in-line TE. Could develop into a H-Back type. If the TE/H-Back gig doesn't work, it's not TOO crazy to PS him and let him work at OT or DE; His size and athleticism (and lack of depth at each spot) can get him a shot in 2/3 years. 

He's the definition of a lottery ticket - if he hits (at ANY position) you're on easy street for a while. If he doesn't, no big loss. 

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I thought we were finally done with him when he became a FA this offseason.  Then Arie Kouandjio, who was the projected starting LG for 2018, tore his quad in OTAs and is out for the year, :(.  Then another OG got injured too.  So we signed Lauvao back.  The injury curse continues.  I think we would have drafted a LG had these injuries occurred in March/April.  Now, we're stuck with the worst starting guard in the league unless we can pull off a trade during TC.

Never know, Patriots could trade Joe Thuney or Shaq Mason to the Skins for a second or third round pick.

Archived