LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

biggest problem is he's never going to a team called the Pelicans

fr I wanna like that team so much, AD is a animal, but their name is probably the worst team name in all of sports.

Would Crawfish sound more intimidating?

On 6/9/2018 at 6:11 AM, MookieMonster said:

Who said that? Boston is just equally as young and significantly more talented right now, and has the best coach in the league.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

A really good young coach

Best coach in the league... after Gregg Popovich.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:39 PM, Buckrock101 said:

wherever he goes, he needs to be able to accept someone else having some control over the team. His desire to run everything, be coach and GM as well, is the reason they've come to an end like this. as great of a player as he is, he's not necessarily the same level as a coach or GM. even if he was, it's difficult to do everything at the same time. as much as the Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green/Iggy combo has rolled them, I think the one of the biggest things contributing to Golden State's success is that Kerr is a great coach. he makes the right adjustments, and he gets great performances out of all their role players.

feel like if he goes to the Lakers, it's the same thing all over again. it's about him building the team himself, and while they might be near the top of the league for a while, they probably won't get past Golden State as long as this team stays together and stays healthy.

if he wants to reach Jordan, he needs to be partnered with a great coach, as Jordan was, who can make it so that it's not just lebron vs the Warriors/Celtics/whoever. also a great organization/general manager, who is going to make sure apes like TT and JR don't take up massive chunks of the team's salary.

he needs to go to the Spurs.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:23 AM, Buckrock101 said:

yeah pretty clear to see why. if he wants somewhere with a blank slate, where he can sign the guys he wants and hand pick pretty much the whole team, that's the Lakers.

won't work out well if he does do that, though.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, Buckrock101 said:

Bron needs to team with Pop and Buford for us to see for real where he stands vs Jordan.

both guys have already proven they're bad GMs. it's just that Jordan made the smart decision to separate his playing and management careers.

@Buckrock101 absolutely crushing this.

21 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

how does he get to the Spurs though when they don't have the space to sign him?

They trade away Gasol and Mills and pray either Gay or Green opts out.

I still cannot believe the contract they gave Gasol last summer.  One of the craziest, most unnecessary overpays (both in money and years) ever.

23 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

how does he get to the Spurs though when they don't have the space to sign him?

space doesn't matter in the nba. if one of the top guys want to go somewhere, they'll find a way to get it done

not even that hard for the Spurs. 18 mill in expiring contracts of Green/Gay which are easy to move. move Gasol's contract and there's the space straight away, without even any S&T (which is likely to happen).

So I didn't realize James' deadline for picking up his PO is June 29, before free agency starts.  He has a much quicker deadline than his last 2 free agencies to decide if he wants to go to Houston.

I can't see him going to the Lakers at all. Even if they bring him and PG, They are the 3rd best team in the West at best. Probably get beat by the Spurs if they hash things out with Kawhi. I don't see the Lakers having enough to pull Kawhi away from San Antonio honestly. Not much value in Lonzo, the centerpiece would have to be Ingram, but that's just a start.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't see him going to the Lakers at all. Even if they bring him and PG, They are the 3rd best team in the West at best. Probably get beat by the Spurs if they hash things out with Kawhi. I don't see the Lakers having enough to pull Kawhi away from San Antonio honestly. Not much value in Lonzo, the centerpiece would have to be Ingram, but that's just a start.

Agreed.  I think the biggest key with the Lakers is that they would have to sign Paul George and then somehow do a trade(s) to get another high impact vet.  Also, it's really difficult to say what the value of Lonzo Ball is.  He was just the #2 overall pick a year ago and is still very young.  That would be like someone saying that Markelle Fultz doesn't have much value.

Archived