LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Agreed.  I think the biggest key with the Lakers is that they would have to sign Paul George and then somehow do a trade(s) to get another high impact vet.  Also, it's really difficult to say what the value of Lonzo Ball is.  He was just the #2 overall pick a year ago and is still very young.  That would be like someone saying that Markelle Fultz doesn't have much value.

Both players have more value to their respective teams than they would in trade. It's like buying a car, it's worth less as soon it's driven off the lot.

Going to the Lakers is my bet. I think Lonzo/Ingram are on the move for another vet. I'd love to see them grab Demar Derozan from Toronto. Great small ball line up below. Josh Hart as 6th man. Lebron usually brings 1 or 2 vets with him when he moves (Korver)

Lebron

Demar

PG3

Kuzma

Randle

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Going to the Lakers is my bet. I think Lonzo/Ingram are on the move for another vet. I'd love to see them grab Demar Derozan from Toronto. Great small ball line up below. Josh Hart as 6th man. Lebron usually brings 1 or 2 vets with him when he moves (Korver)

Lebron

Demar

PG3

Kuzma

Randle

cant sign Lebron and PG while keeping Randle

The lakers are the only team that can realistically get PG and Lebron together, but they would have some work to do to have 66 million in free cap space.

As it sits today, they have about 40 million in cap next year, and 100 million in holds. So they have to release cap holds to start with

Lopez - 34
KCP - 21
Frye - 14
IT - 12

that gets them from 140 million to just 59 million without much trouble.

To get where they need to be, they have to be 66 million under the cap plus 800k per empty roster spot. So realistically they have to also release the cap holds of

Randle - 12 million
wear - 1.7 million
Andre Ingram - 1.6 million

So none of those guys can come back, but the Lakers are left with a roster looking like this:

Deng - 18
Ball - 7.4
Ingram - 5.7
Kuzma - 1.7
Ennis - 1.6
Hart - 1.6
Zubac - 1.5
Bryant - 1.4

thats roughly 39 million salary can cap holds of 3 million for open roster spots or 42 million. Still not at the 66 million in free space. 

So they can do one of 3 things.

1. Pay someone to take Deng
2. Stretch Cut Deng
3. Release Ennis, Zubac and Bryant who have non guaranteed deals.  

Lets just say they Stretch Cut Deng to keep him from costing them something of value, like an Ingram to trade. Thats 7.2 million per season for 5 seasons he will cost them. That gets them down to 26.5 in salary and about 3.5 million in cap holds, so free us roughly 71 million in space. 

They would then be able to sign Lebron, Sign PG, and have about 5 million to add another player....or they could take Ball, Ingram and trade them for a guy making no more than 23 million per season. 

They would then be maxed out with Lebron/PG/3rd guy with Kuzma/Ennis/Hart/Zubac/Bryant

and they would only have the below the cap MLE, which i think is 4 million and vet minimum deals to use. 

sure I would do all of that, and if they can flip Deng and a pick to someone without taking on salary, they will be in really good shape. But it would really gut the team. 

I heard on Cowherd's show that Dwyane Wade said that LeBron's biggest motivation is lifestyle over basketball.  Obviously that's just Wade's opinion, but Wade is clearly very close with LeBron.  That thinking basically debunks what everyone here is saying - LeBron's #1 priority is winning.  With Wade's logic, the Lakers make a lot more sense.  Obviously the Lakers can bring some guys in to help and lifestyle would be best in Los Angeles.

The interesting thing is, Chris Broussard said that the Lakers can sign LeBron and Chris Paul in free agency and then try and trade for Paul George.  Now that's extremely interesting.  I've never heard that one before.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I heard on Cowherd's show that Dwyane Wade said that LeBron's biggest motivation is lifestyle over basketball.  Obviously that's just Wade's opinion, but Wade is clearly very close with LeBron.  That thinking basically debunks what everyone here is saying - LeBron's #1 priority is winning.  With Wade's logic, the Lakers make a lot more sense.  Obviously the Lakers can bring some guys in to help and lifestyle would be best in Los Angeles.

The interesting thing is, Chris Broussard said that the Lakers can sign LeBron and Chris Paul in free agency and then try and trade for Paul George.  Now that's extremely interesting.  I've never heard that one before.

unless he wants the lifestyle of a champion :ph34r:

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Broussard said a possible route to La would be 

Lakers sign CP3 and James as free agents 

then do a sign and trade for PG13

I could definitely see that happening 

There is no way they can get all 3 guys. its nearly impossible for them to get CP3 and Lebron together. PG helps out because his max is 5 million less than the other two. 

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

There is no way they can get all 3 guys. its nearly impossible for them to get CP3 and Lebron together. PG helps out because his max is 5 million less than the other two. 

To come together they would all understand they would need to take a pretty decent pay cut.  Not likely, but it could happen.

Archived