LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So LeBron texting Durant to come to LA eh?

Source?

Can't beat em, join em?

Can't beat the Lakers, join the Lakers? That's not the case.

Or it doesn't apply here? 

It doesn't. It would if he decided to join GS though.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

To his credit, was he not one of (if not the) first to mention the Big 3 in Miami?

And that was the last time he ever predicted anything correctly  

lmao that dude has been living off of that prediction for 8 years. 

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And that was the last time he ever predicted anything correctly  

lmao that dude has been living off of that prediction for 8 years. 

Stephen A is entertaining if nothing else.

16 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao they actually do have a choice 

Yeah.  They can either trade him or run the risk of him walking as a FA, and getting nothing in return.  That's not really a strong choice to have to make.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

You might be correct with your thinking, but some reports are saying that he's seriously considering staying with the Thunder.  If he does that and the Spurs don't trade with the Lakers, then the cupboard kind of looks bare for LeBron with the Lakers.  At the end of the day, LeBron can just opt in and do this all over again next season haha.

He was all about the Lakers for most of the past year or so.  It's only the last few days that he's "leaning" towards staying with Oklahoma City.  He's trying to make it appear to be a tougher decision than it is.  At this point, he's a Laker until he says he's re-signing with the Lakers until it says otherwise.

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They probably have tentative ideas, but Kawhi on the block changes a lot.

Not really.  I mean, if Kawhi comes to the Lakers and they still have cap space for LeBron and Paul George, it's going to be incredibly hard for those two to walk away from that kind of offer.  If he Kawhi is dealt elsewhere, how does that affect Paul George and LeBron?  They either team up in Los Angeles, or return to their respective teams.  Given how much the Big 3 (LeBron, Bosh, and Wade) talked about teaming, I'd be VERY surprised if LeBron and Paul George hadn't talked.

15 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

If PG signs with OKC, then the Lakers have to amp up their trade request for Kawhi, especially to get Lebron.

BUT, if PG signs with LA, I believe Lebron then follows. Leaving Kawhi out of the LAL loop. When that happens I truly believe Boston and Philly go in hard for Kawhi with Boston winning the sweepstakes. Kawhi will see that LAL will no longer have the money for him this or next season. That's when Boston/Ainge put on their full-court press for Kawhi. I don't want Boston to give up "too" much, but definitely think we can convince him to a long term extension.

This whole offseason really starts with PG, IMHO.

The problem is the Lakers need to acquire Kawhi BEFORE they sign Paul George and LeBron.  If they acquire Kawhi and don't keep enough max cap space for both of them, the threat of Kawhi signing with the Lakers in 2019 goes down.  Does Kawhi pass on the super max to go to the Clippers in 2019?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not really.  I mean, if Kawhi comes to the Lakers and they still have cap space for LeBron and Paul George, it's going to be incredibly hard for those two to walk away from that kind of offer.  If he Kawhi is dealt elsewhere, how does that affect Paul George and LeBron?  They either team up in Los Angeles, or return to their respective teams.  Given how much the Big 3 (LeBron, Bosh, and Wade) talked about teaming, I'd be VERY surprised if LeBron and Paul George hadn't talked.

If Kawhi gets traded to Philadelphia then you don't think that would interest LeBron?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

If Kawhi gets traded to Philadelphia then you don't think that would interest LeBron?

Not really, no.  I'd probably ranked them 4th in terms of LeBron's preferred destinations behind Cleveland, LA Lakers, and Houston.  And as I mentioned in the Sixers' thread, it gets incredibly sticky trying to fit Kawhi AND LeBron.  Not impossible, but it's more difficult.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  They can either trade him or run the risk of him walking as a FA, and getting nothing in return.  That's not really a strong choice to have to make.

It would set a bad precedent that they can be bullied to not only trade a player, but serve him up to his preferred destination to boot. Obviously it would ultimately hurt both parties, but it isnt out of the question.

Archived