Which QB  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best QB Amongst

• Steve Young
    • Drew Brees
    • Dan Marino
    • Brett Favre

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't think you're very good at math, Mathman  :)

Montana = 4 Championships

Marino + Brees + Favre + Young = 3 Championships

i will take montanas team at the team, and switch montana with any of these guys, and i bet they get 5

On 7/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, lavar703 said:

Dan Marino. He’s the greatest player to never win a super bowl and put up ridiculous stats when they were basically unheard of. The only reason he’s never ranked higher is because he doesn’t have a ring. 

Plus he played before the others in this poll when passing rules were different.  I suspect he'd be a terror for defenses if he was playing today.

17 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i will take montanas team at the team, and switch montana with any of these guys, and i bet they get 5

This take is not hot enough.  You need to say that any of them would have won 10 on Montana's 49ers.  9_9

• 3 weeks later...

Marino/Young/Brees/Favre 

I don’t have much of a gap between any of them.  I take any of them over Elway, Aikman, or basically any other QB in history not named Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.  I think Montana would be right there with Marino and Young for me.

Brees is the most prolific and most efficient. 

Young super efficient and one of the best running qbs ever. 

Favre one of the most talented QBs ever. Relied on talent and not mental proficiency. 

Marino is like Favre  

On 7/9/2018 at 7:18 AM, Elky said:

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl because he never could transfer his regular season successes into the postseason; he was a choke artist. In fact, my dad told me that the 1986 AFC Championship WAS the Super Bowl as far as Pats fans were concerned.

His teams usually put up points in the playoffs. A lot of those teams weren't very well rounded either. Especially in his later seasons when he couldn't carry the load as much. 

As much as I love Steve Young, Marino just seemed to be one of the few guys you could probably insert anywhere and he'd have success. If he played for those Buccaneers teams that Steve did early on, I think they aren't such a laughing stock in the NFC Central at the time. Of all the guys listed here, Marino was the only one that was sensational from the start. 

Archived