Everything Pokemon Thread!

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

My expectations are sky high, which naturally means I'm going to be disappointed.

if everything is exactly the same except there are no more zones and the fire starter's final form moves far away from the mickey mouse motif than i will be happy lol

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

if everything is exactly the same except there are no more zones and the fire starter's final form moves far away from the mickey mouse motif than i will be happy lol

The fire types have been almost exclusively Chinese Zodiac.  You have Charmander (Dragon), Cyndquil (Rat), Torchic (Rooster), Chimchar (Monkey), Tepig (Pig), Fennekin (Dog?), Litten (Tiger), and Scorbunny (Rabbit).  The only one you could argue is Fennekin, they've been almost all exclusively Chinese Zodiac signs.  The only ones not used have been Ox, Snake, Horse, and Goat.  It's based on a dinosaur, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a dragon. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The fire types have been almost exclusively Chinese Zodiac.  You have Charmander (Dragon), Cyndquil (Rat), Torchic (Rooster), Chimchar (Monkey), Tepig (Pig), Fennekin (Dog?), Litten (Tiger), and Scorbunny (Rabbit).  The only one you could argue is Fennekin, they've been almost all exclusively Chinese Zodiac signs.  The only ones not used have been Ox, Snake, Horse, and Goat.  It's based on a dinosaur, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a dragon. 

pretty that streak is broken. This is from Kotaku

Fuecoco

Category: Fire Croc Pokémon

Height: 1′4″

Weight: 21.6 lbs.

Type: Fire

Ability: Blaze

The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-starters-sprigatito-fuecoco-quax-1848599795

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

pretty that streak is broken. This is from Kotaku

Fuecoco

Category: Fire Croc Pokémon

Height: 1′4″

Weight: 21.6 lbs.

Type: Fire

Ability: Blaze

The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-starters-sprigatito-fuecoco-quax-1848599795

It's in the ballpark.

If it truly is a fusion of Arceus mechanics + the gym grind of the mainline series + a new generation of Pokémon , should be pretty satisfying.

Only knock I have is imma be in Starfield from November til at least January.

Like the starters, no immediate duds like some gens have had.

Could legitimately see picking all 3
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If it truly is a fusion of Arceus mechanics + the gym grind of the mainline series + a new generation of Pokémon , should be pretty satisfying.

Agreed.  I'll be interested to see how they make this game.  I would expect a blend of Arceus along with the mainline game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I always go Grass or Fire, and with those designs, I'll probably go with the grass one. Best design of the three. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I always go Grass or Fire, and with those designs, I'll probably go with the grass one. Best design of the three. 

Quackly was the one that jumped out to me at first, so I'll probably go with him.  I'm interested to see where they take their evolutions though.

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was going through all the gens, realized that I never went fire, except maybe Torchic? Even that I’m not sure of.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I was going through all the gens, realized that I never went fire, except maybe Torchic? Even that I’m not sure of.

I mean, I guess I shouldn’t act like I’m a regular player. My choices:

Red/Blue: Bulbasaur

Gold/Silver: Cyndaquil

Shield/Sword: Grookey

When I replayed Red/Blue I went Charmander and when I replayed Gold/Silver remake I went with the Grass one. 

Just not a big water type pokemon fan. Sometimes don’t even carry one. I’d rather have a rock pokemon to compete against fire types. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Quackly was the one that jumped out to me at first, so I'll probably go with him.  I'm interested to see where they take their evolutions though.

Hard to tell, doesn’t seem to be as much of a theme between them other than a region.

A green Forrest panther or lynx would look cool.

A fire croc-dragon could be cool but would need to maybe be more lanky to not look like Charizard. could also go dark or ghost with it.

Not sure with the duck, seems maybe a naval theme with hats.