Everything Pokemon Thread!

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean, I guess I shouldn’t act like I’m a regular player. My choices:

Red/Blue: Bulbasaur

Gold/Silver: Cyndaquil

Shield/Sword: Grookey

When I replayed Red/Blue I went Charmander and when I replayed Gold/Silver remake I went with the Grass one. 

Just not a big water type pokemon fan. Sometimes don’t even carry one. I’d rather have a rock pokemon to compete against fire types. 

I got Pokémon blue because I liked turtles. Only reason why Charmander/Charizard lost out 
RsTDTfS.jpg
Hazy on gen 3 but yeah might’ve never went fire and water 5/8 times.

Gen 8/9 I think did a good job with balancing. 

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

No lie my eyes were a little wet after watching that video yesterday. First mainline open world Pokemon game, we made it

Agreed. This is the one we’ve all been waiting for. Open world + a normal pokemon game with gyms and such. I’m surprised there isn’t more hype. This is something people have wanted for over 15 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. This is the one we’ve all been waiting for. Open world + a normal pokemon game with gyms and such. I’m surprised there isn’t more hype. This is something people have wanted for over 15 years. 

I think there's a ton of hype besides from the fact that the announcement was a "oh by the way" kind of annoucement.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's a ton of hype besides from the fact that the announcement was a "oh by the way" kind of annoucement.

Yeah literally out of no where. I was not even expecting a main line installment this year... maybe end of 2023. I like surprise announcements. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah literally out of no where. I was not even expecting a main line installment this year... maybe end of 2023. I like surprise announcements. 

If you would have asked me, I probably would have said that it was tops 30% chance of getting Gen 9 released.  I thought a PLA DLC was more likely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JBURGE said:

No lie my eyes were a little wet after watching that video yesterday. First mainline open world Pokemon game, we made it

I'll be interested in when the next trailer comes out.  My guess is sometime in April.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I feel like a lot of the hype was sapped by PLA. Like yes, this is the next step from PLA, but we already got a game that has been pretty universally praised and loved by new and old players alike... and that game came out just over a month ago. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If you would have asked me, I probably would have said that it was tops 30% chance of getting Gen 9 released.  I thought a PLA DLC was more likely.

Would’ve been shocked watching that if the starter’s hadn’t popped up on my feed.

So I guess the Legends games might just be live service/ updates for ~ a year like ACNH without any paid dlc?

Not having gyms or a lot of stuff they theoretically are pretty easy from a design standpoint. Create the zones, throw Pokémon in, then link a to be for all the quests.

I wonder if/when they do the next one if creating a gym will be a big part. At some point showing the creation of the Elite 4 would be cool.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like a lot of the hype was sapped by PLA. Like yes, this is the next step from PLA, but we already got a game that has been pretty universally praised and loved by new and old players alike... and that game came out just over a month ago. 

I have zero interest in Arceus. To me, there is no point to the game just like Pokemon Go. I need gyms and a world tournament. 

The hype for Arceus was misplaced. If a lot of people knew there were no gyms, and not much of an end-goal, it wouldn’t of been that hyped up to begin with. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad game. But more of a soulless game without much of a purpose. The purpose of that game is simply to get you ready for this one. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I have zero interest in Arceus. To me, there is no point to the game just like Pokemon Go. I need gyms and a world tournament. 

The hype for Arceus was misplaced. If a lot of people knew there were no gyms, and not much of an end-goal, it wouldn’t of been that hyped up to begin with. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad game. But more of a soulless game without much of a purpose. The purpose of that game is simply to get you ready for this one. 

having actually played the game, strong disagree on all counts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

having actually played the game, strong disagree on all counts. 

Which is totally fine. Those who think filling a pokedex is a super entertaining end-goal, no problem with that opinion or thinking. Just not a fun end-goal for me personally, and I know several who feel the same way. 

Violet will be what we all know and love, plus arceus open world. Should be a game that satisfies all users. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Which is totally fine. Those who think filling a pokedex is a super entertaining end-goal, no problem with that opinion or thinking. Just not a fun end-goal for me personally, and I know several who feel the same way. 

Violet will be what we all know and love, plus arceus open world. Should be a game that satisfies all users. 

I mean I feel like you have a pretty big misconception here. Filling the pokedex literally isnt even possible until endgame after the story is complete. The story is actually really solid and kept me entertained. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean I feel like you have a pretty big misconception here. Filling the pokedex literally isnt even possible until endgame after the story is complete. The story is actually really solid and kept me entertained. 

I don’t really play games for stories, unless there is different directions you can take the story with different cutscenes, and multiple different endings. That usually isn’t the case. One predetermined story is something one can find on youtube. I like games that have tons of different outcomes. And mostly play games for the fun of the game + good end-goal that keeps you motivated. The original pokemon concept is genius with gyms and a tournament, because it keeps you motivated to be the absolute best, which is fun. 

Edited by BayRaider