What video game are you playing?

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Good luck with that one. I put in 30 hours in like 2 weeks and I felt like i didn't make a dent... So good though. 

I'm about 50 hours in :). Based on what I've ready there's like 30 hours or so left. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest. I need to beat this one and the Donkey Kong Country 3 before I allow myself to play tropical freeze. 

First and probably only post I will ever give a like to.

A man with such incredible discipline and taste makes me wish I was gay.

PS: Don't forget DKC Returns if you can play it somehow. I dunno if Nintendo offers it on their online store on the Switch or whatever. It's a nice warmup to TF because the gameplay there is a bit different from the original trilogy.

Edited by Mossburg

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

First and probably only post I will ever give a like to.

A man with such incredible discipline and taste makes me wish I was gay.

PS: Don't forget DKC Returns if you can play it somehow. I dunno if Nintendo offers it on their online store on the Switch or whatever. It's a nice warmup to TF because the gameplay there is a bit different from the original trilogy.

I went through and beat Mario 1, Lost levels (These are ridiculously hard), 2, 3, and world. Then I did Castlevania through Symphony of the Night. Now i'm revisiting DK. I'm using a Raspberry Pi and don't own a WII so unfortunately probably will skip that one. Donkey Kong Country is probably my favorite platformer of all time. 

Yakuza 0. It’s not a game i’d usually play but my daughter bought it for me and insisted I try it. So I did and thought it was a terrible game at first but every time I decided to stop playing i’d say okay i’ll play a little longer. Once I got mid game I was hooked by the story and the great Japanese voice acting (it used subtitles). There was a lot of low points but as it progressed more high points. The side quest were bad in a Ed Wood movie type of way (For example in one of them I had to train a dominatrice), there were cut scenes that seemed to last forever. At first I skipped them but as the story unraveled I watched. Even after I defeated the last boss (and there were a bunch of them throughout) there was another 30 minutes of cut scenes, credits and than two more cut scenes. It was a weirdly fun experience.

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

Too much of it is just scavenging and watching your hunger/thirst/sleep meters. Encounters of any kind are too few and far between. 

Once I got a hang of the gameplay I had to up the difficulty level to push the action.  There's just something about being dumped in the wilderness in sandbox mode with nothing and trying to survive the first 24 hours that is such a rush.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Once I got a hang of the gameplay I had to up the difficulty level to push the action.  There's just something about being dumped in the wilderness in sandbox mode with nothing and trying to survive the first 24 hours that is such a rush.  

I get what they were going for. I just don't think it translated very well to the gaming environment.