Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

15 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

i guess i should have been more clear, what are your thoughts specidically. unless your the lawyer then what you posted isnt that.

and whether dv took place isnt really in question. this isnt a he said/she said case, almost every sign is pointing to it happening so really confused as to whats making you question it.

11 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not that simple. "Knowing" would be he's seen physical evidence. "Accusations" are something anyone can do. I think you're a woman beater. There, I just accused you. The situation becomes even more murky when you have (supposedly) two very toxic people involved. I want to know what he knew in 2015 and I'll base my thoughts off of that. Not every issue is the same so I prefer to look at everything individually.

he knew it tokk pkace in 2009, and theres texts to him admitting to multiple occasions. thoughts?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

he knew it tokk pkace in 2009, and theres texts to him admitting to multiple occasions. thoughts?

Should've fired him then and definitely never hired him at OSU but where are the texts that suggest Urban knew? Doesn't it seem fishy even her family told her not to call 911 (according to her)? 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Did the texts with Zach seemingly admitting to choking her happen in 2015?  Before?  After?  Were those ever made available to Urban Meyer at any point prior to McMurphy's story?  You can't use all the information that has been presented now if it didn't exist or wasn't given to Ohio State/Urban Meyer.

The 2009 incident is a tough one to decide how to feel on it.  The facts seem to be that Zach was drunk and pushed here against the wall from what I understood, they decide to go to counseling and work on their marriage.  Based on this seems to be the first and only time at that point, you would hope that it's a one time thing in a young couples relationship that with counseling they can overcome and become a happy couple for a long time.  This path is often taken in things when one spouse has been unfaithful and they decide to go to marriage counseling to help repair the damage done and they end up having a long and happy life together with no future issues.  Obviously that doesn't seem to have happen in regards to the Smiths so in hindsight it is viewed as a mistake.

35 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not that simple. "Knowing" would be he's seen physical evidence. "Accusations" are something anyone can do. I think you're a woman beater. There, I just accused you. The situation becomes even more murky when you have (supposedly) two very toxic people involved. I want to know what he knew in 2015 and I'll base my thoughts off of that. Not every issue is the same so I prefer to look at everything individually.

Nothing about her being toxic came out when the ****ty positional coach was fired.

Surprisingly it's all over OSU boards now that Urban's job might be on the line.

Just admit that's what it is.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i guess i should have been more clear, what are your thoughts specidically. unless your the lawyer then what you posted isnt that.

and whether dv took place isnt really in question. this isnt a he said/she said case, almost every sign is pointing to it happening so really confused as to whats making you question it.

I personally don't believe Meyer should be held accountable for what his assistant coaches do.  That seems like an OSU homer thing to say, but I would feel the same if it was any HC in college football.  They are not babysitters, and have enough going on, that being aware of what ALL their staff is doing behind closed doors is kinda crazy to me.  Their priority are the hundreds of kids that they are dealing with, and doing their best to help them be successful.

Since Courtney Smith doesn't fall under the title IX guidlines, I am not sure why their is still an investigation?

If you want to call it a "morality" issue??? Then I can somewhat understand, however I see that this couple had a contentious relationship, and the extent of what happened between the 2 is really in question.  Again...if they were trying to work it out throughout this entire time, at what point is up to Meyer to be judge and jury, and cut ties with Zack?  I truly believe that Meyer would have cut ties if he really felt this was an abusive relationship.  How difficult would it have been to find another WR coach?  As far as lying to the media...I believe Smith's attorney who says this:

“What was being reported that happened in 2015 never happened. (Those reports) were false,” Koffel said, seemingly focusing on whether or not Smith was actually arrested rather than if there were an incident that was investigated by police. 

“(Meyer) didn’t lie to (the media) on Media Day,” Koffel said. "(The media) asked a poor question based upon false internet reports. Get your facts straight before you ask a question like that on the record.

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nothing about her being toxic came out when the ****ty positional coach was fired.

Surprisingly it's all over OSU boards now that Urban's job might be on the line.

Just admit that's what it is.

I admit it's a possibility b/c it is. If you suggest it's not then that's on you b/c we don't know right now. Maybe your post is the reason why though. No one cares if a "****ty positional coach" is fired so their mouths are shut. Now that the good coach might potentially get fired, it's either time to bring it up or fabricate the truth. You don't know, I don't know, so why in the hell are you able to determine that's the case? I know why but feel free to keep on going.

5 hours ago, Texasmade said:

The investigation supposedly includes turning over all all cell phone/text and email records dating back to 2015. That should paint a much clearer picture as to what did (or didn't) happen. Or so I would imagine anyway. 

I sincerely hope Urban goes Tom Brady on his cell phone for the lulz.

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I admit it's a possibility b/c it is. If you suggest it's not then that's on you b/c we don't know right now. Maybe your post is the reason why though. No one cares if a "****ty positional coach" is fired so their mouths are shut. Now that the good coach might potentially get fired, it's either time to bring it up or fabricate the truth. You don't know, I don't know, so why in the hell are you able to determine that's the case? I know why but feel free to keep on going.

If you're about to reeee about liberalism let me know and I can preemptively glaze my eyes over.

20 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I personally don't believe Meyer should be held accountable for what his assistant coaches do.  That seems like an OSU homer thing to say, but I would feel the same if it was any HC in college football.  They are not babysitters, and have enough going on, that being aware of what ALL their staff is doing behind closed doors is kinda crazy to me.  Their priority are the hundreds of kids that they are dealing with, and doing their best to help them be successful.

Like Paterno?

39 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Like Paterno?

I know it was a huge scandal, but to this day, I couldn't tell you if Paterno knew or didn't about Sandusky.  Obviously at the time, I remember focusing on what a sick piece of garbage Sandusky is.  I also remember feeling badly for Joe Pa for having his legacy tarnished by that turd.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

The "toxic people" excuse doesn't hold water when there are issues going back to 2009. This isn't some lady pulling DV out of her but on the eve of her divorce.

41 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Like Paterno?

I’d say there’s a difference between a coach turning a blind eye to kids getting raped by an assistant and a HC not firing an Assistant when the AD and police are both aware of allegations. Not saying things couldn’t have been handled differently, but that’s just a ridiculous comparison.

Archived