Camp Cuts (53 Announced)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Who made Raiders fans believe it is poor value. It's 2 1st round picks for a non QB. Show me when some team got more than that.

It's never happened. We just got the most for any defensive player in NFL history in a trade and people are acting like we totally got owned. Yeah. Giving up the second stings a little, but two we got another 3rd too. I hate losing Mack as much as the next guy, but history is kind of on our side here, most of the time paying guys contracts to make them the richest defensive player ever doesnt really work out. It hasnt with Watt, didn't with Suh, Vernon looks like a bad investment for the Giants for that amount of money, the Broncos went downhill after giving Von his money and cost them multiple starters on defense, o could argue it hasnt been a good investment for the Chiefs either with Houston. And most of those guys were making 5-8 million less per season than Mack will currently get. If Carr was still on a rookie deal, we could and probably would have paid him what he got, but Carr isnt, and you don't ship out a guy with Carr's potential that hes shown on the field even after a down year for ANY defensive player imo. It stings in the short term, but we did get the best haul any team has gotten for a defensive player, and I think it ends up being a top 16-18 pick at worst. It COULD be a franchise defining move to have traded Khalil. It sucks but IF we can hit on these picks and use the cap space we should be a well rounded team capable of replacing his production collectively (around 12-13 sacks a year). Now lately we haven't shown to have the competency to hit on those picks and cap space so I get that. But that's what it will come down to, not a lack of getting value on the trade itself imo. 

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

Th crux of the issue for me isn't even the 2nd anymore. Its that I'm uncomfortable with not paying a HOF talent, team leader (other players wont forget this, not just ours either) and then having to trust this FO to pick replacements for him. I dont have a lot of faith it will work out.

I get the message angle it sends to the team but I imagine a lot of these guys will be turned over in a couple years and with the picks we have it'll be young guys that will just be happy to play hard and win to get their payday somewhere. We at least showed we'd move a guy to get his payday rather than force them to play out without any long term security. But let me ask you a question, if you dont trust us to replace Khalil with the picks, what did you expected us to do to surround him with any meaningful talent with less picks and virtually zero cap space? I thought this team was a 9-7 type team with Khalil, and that will likely be worse now, in the short term, but I think theres a real, in fact likely, chance that we were capped right around there without any flexibility cap wise to surround him with talent. Better coordinators and coaching can only do so much when you have one real star and aging vets on prove it deals and young rookies... I'm not saying I totally trust management to make these picks count, but more cracks at the draft that's a crapshoot anyway and salary cap space to sign multiple guys is probably better odds for that management then having to make every pick and signing hit with less room for error. Idk, I hate losing Mack too, I loved his play and his leadership, but I do think paying him totally could have left us in a spot where were good enough to win 10 games, but not good enough to compete with the elite. I now think we have more chances at a better overall team even if it's almost a guarantee we dont have any one player as good as Khalil. 

43 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Who made Raiders fans believe it is poor value. It's 2 1st round picks for a non QB. Show me when some team got more than that.

I can't even recall a team trading a DPOY type player in his prime in the post 90's era let alone the modern pass happy era (there's a reason why they don't), which you probably knew........

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000336962 most of these more recent are guys either yet to achieve or past their best, maybe apart from Walker who achieved two 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, a third round pick and a few lower rounders and Dickerson who earned LA three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks and a pair of RBs.

To cut to the chase - are you happy with the value we got for Mack yes or no?

I think we got robbed.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Im still confused. We got 2 firsts but gave up a 2nd and mack. Would that inturn mean we only really got a 1st and a 3rd for mack or something like that. 

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can't even recall a team trading a DPOY type player in his prime in the post 90's era let alone the modern pass happy era (there's a reason why they don't), which you probably knew........

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000336962 most of these more recent are guys either yet to achieve or past their best, maybe apart from Walker who achieved two 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, a third round pick and a few lower rounders and Dickerson who earned LA three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks and a pair of RBs.

I think we got robbed.

I think if we didnt give up the 2nd, we probably got good value. I thought 2 firsts and a starter coming back should had been the lowest offer for us to accept. 

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think we got robbed.

I'm not happy to lose Mack. I think the compensation is totally fair though. I think the best comparison to make is the Jared Allen trade. The Chiefs got one 1st and 2 3rds for him. 

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Im still confused. We got 2 firsts but gave up a 2nd and mack. Would that inturn mean we only really got a 1st and a 3rd for mack or something like that. 

We gave up Mack, a 2020 2nd and a conditional 2020 5th.

We got a 2019 1st and 6th, a 2020 1st and 3rd.

Archived