Englishing wrong.

Kiwibrown

I have a couple for you guys. One woman I worked with didn't know when or how to use a comma in emails. There was always an abundance of commas in her emails. I nicknamed her the "comma chameleon".??? I used to screenshot them sometimes and send them to my friends. She also loved to capitalize words that didnt need to be capitalized. We hired a new prez and she got the boot shortly after he took over.

I'm sort of a grammar Nazi, I get annoyed when things aren't right in a professional setting. Outside of work I don't care as much, like on this site.?

"A complete 360." 

You mean suddenly there was no change to the elected outcome? Durrr.

16 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Your just being sensitive. 

Irregardless what any1 thinks, that is his right.  They can have they're own opinion though. 

I get really bothered by the easy fixes.  I'm not so bothered by some of the more difficult grammatical errors, but it really just causes stress right in the neck (literal physical discomfort) when I hear people use bad grammar when speaking with the obvious ones.  When somebody says, "I seen that..." it just goes right to my neck.  The worst is when it's a coworker that you can't correct.  When it's family or a friend, at least you can call them an idiot and try to get them to correct it. 

I heard somebody say, "Amn't I?" once. 

I really hate it when people call you a grammar Nazi for correcting them, too.  Why is it that every time you try to improve somebody else, you're the jerk?  People can call skinny people skinny all the time.  Hell, when I was in the best shape of my life and had like no body fat to speak of, people called me skinny all the time.  I was thin, but thin is not synonymous with skinny.  So why can they call people skinny even when they aren't, but if you call somebody fat it's the end of the world?  Sorry, just trying to get you to not have a coronary at 50.  You're going around saying, "I seen that," and you don't want to say it correctly?  That works around your friends, good job and all that, but if you go around trying to get better jobs in life speaking like that in interviews, they're going to think you're an idiot.  People don't hire idiots.  When has anybody ever gotten a job saying, "Ain't" several times?  Maybe at Taco Bell.  

Everybody who says poor grammar hasn't interfered in their life is either lying or lucky.  You didn't go into an interview to a place that pays over 12 dollars an hour speaking like a teenage texter and land the job.  You're not getting the job using cringeworthy grammatical errors that sound wrong to every human ear who ever went through grade school.  Start an interview saying, "I seen the job requires weekends.  I ain't got no problem with that." 

And everybody who thinks it's not a big deal is wrong.  With everything that becomes commonly accepted, language devolves.  Who wants to live in a world where U replaces YOU? 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

When has anybody ever gotten a job saying, "Ain't" several times?  Maybe at Taco Bell.  

Whoa. Don't you talk bad about Taco Bell employees. They're the heroes of the night.

Whenever I want a late night Chalupa and Baja - they are always there, friendly and willing.

Archived