Here we go, Calloway reportedly cited for Marijuana posession

DizzyDean

16 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Its the make the kid smoke the whole pack strategy 

Yeah, sorta.

I don't believe Hue is being truthful. You don't give a player being punished, especially a rookie, the most opportunities to succeed as a punishment. But whatever, Hue can say the team handled it and maybe the league will think we did a good job. Maybe the next time Gordon gets busted Goodell can force him to play in the pro bowl.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, sorta.

I don't believe Hue is being truthful. You don't give a player being punished, especially a rookie, the most opportunities to succeed as a punishment. But whatever, Hue can say the team handled it and maybe the league will think we did a good job. Maybe the next time Gordon gets busted Goodell can force him to play in the pro bowl.

This is the same HC that said he didn’t hire an OC the last two years because he didn’t want to see that individual in a can’t-win scenario. 

Best to follow what makes the most sense over the words that come out of that guy’s mouth. 

30 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This is the same HC that said he didn’t hire an OC the last two years because he didn’t want to see that individual in a can’t-win scenario. 

Best to follow what makes the most sense over the words that come out of that guy’s mouth. 

0/3

Image result for hue jackson gif

The more and more I read on here and in the news .... the more I realize people have never played real competitive sports a day in their lives...

If so, they'd have memories of someone on a team doesn't something wrong and they'd be familiar with the various types of consequences and what they do for the team.

There are multiple ways to punish an out of shape player (Before I knew he was being punished I knew he was out of shape by watching early game):

1.) (Punish the Player & the Team) Chastise the player individually... make them apologize to the team... and punish the player individually by taking them out of activities (this hurts the team if the player will be needed for team success).

2.) (Punish the Team... Have the team Punish the Player) Do group/team punishment and have the team hold the player accountable via shaming or social reprimand.

3.) (Punish the Player & Make them Improve their value to the team) Chastise the player individually...make them stand in front of the team and apologize... then have them exert their self physically and mentally through conditioning or strenuous play. The team sees them having to pay a price for the team... they come back more valuable to the team...

I played baseball up through college and played other competitive sports up until then.

I’ve not seen extra playing time used as a punishment before. Punishment in practice/public shaming and not playing in a game are what I personally have been around. 

I’m not saying it’s not possible here, but it’s also unconventional and something I’m not buying on its face.

Archived