Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Mack is 5x better than Clay Matthews ever was

a little hyperbole, but yea i agree. Mack is arguably the best defensive player in football (imo it's Donald) i don't think clay was ever at that level. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

The point is a team is clearly wasting resources when trade high draft picks away for a player they then have turn around and give a huge contract to. 

The team would lose both draft picks and cap space, instead of just losing one or the other. They would be paying twice as much when they don't have to.

Yes they might not physical have Matthews, Cobb and Bulaga, but they'll have their cap space. Where with Mack you lose two 1st round draft picks and the cap space... because if you act impatient, then you have to pay twice as much... which just hurts the team in the long run, when teams should be attempting to maximum their resources.

So you'd be mad because we're giving our cap space to the best defensive player in the NFL?

So you'd rather we keep handing out contracts to the Blake Martinez and HHCDs of the league and pass on adding anyone elite?

I don't get your point here at all. Value is value in the NFL, now if this were a trade for Leonard Floyd and he wanted a 100m dollar deal, yeah you'd be foolish to commit the picks and money. We're talking the best defensive player in the NFL here, and you're offering him a fair market contract. Color me confused at what you want, if Jaire is the next Woodson we let him walk in 5 years then? Can't give him that mega deal.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

You're totally missing the point, for the purpose of trash talking... and I have no interest in trash talking, so buh bye.

Not trash talking, just saying even though their stats are similar in their first four years, Mack is by far a superior player and has already reached a class I don't think CM111 ever reached.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Not trash talking, just saying even though their stats are similar in their first four years, Mack is by far a superior player and has already reached a class I don't think CM111 ever reached.

it's true, and i don't consider it trash talk either. 

it's like if i said derek carr will never reach aaron rodgers level. it just won't happen. i can't understand people getting mad at statements like these. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So you'd be mad because we're giving our cap space to the best defensive player in the NFL?

So you'd rather we keep handing out contracts to the Blake Martinez and HHCDs of the league and pass on adding anyone elite?

I don't get your point here at all. Value is value in the NFL, now if this were a trade for Leonard Floyd and he wanted a 100m dollar deal, yeah you'd be foolish to commit the picks and money. We're talking the best defensive player in the NFL here, and you're offering him a fair market contract. Color me confused at what you want, if Jaire is the next Woodson we let him walk in 5 years then? Can't give him that mega deal.

I never said I'd be mad at all of this... and clearly you're not not getting the very basic point.

Teams are limited by their draft and cap limit assets... you're giving up a ton of both to get a single guy, which clearly limits the team.

You have be smart with your limited assets and not put them all in a single basket. If this works, congrats, you got one of the best players in the NFL, and team with no depth... this is a team sport... where team depth and talent matter. If you use all of your limited assists in only a few players, then you don't have a very good football team....

Just now, persiandud said:

it's like if i said derek carr will never reach aaron rodgers level. it just won't happen. i can't understand people getting mad at statements like these. 

Exactly. Good analogy. Although CM3 is a closer player to Mack, than Carr is to Godgers.

.Wasn't trying to trash talk, but with guys like Mack his stats don't tell the whole story just how good he is. He has been the best edge run defender since he entered the league as a rookie. He is raw as a pass rusher and still growing in that department, but even then he would probably average like 15 something sacks per year if the Raiders had any other players on the defensive line or secondary worth a damn. He is a pretty much a flawless player.

I would be sick if the Raiders traded him for any compensation. It would make me especially sick if he went to GB after seeing you guys take CWood from us :P

2017 GB Packers:  Lacks elite talent outside of Rodgers and Bahktiari

2018 Hypothetical:   Add elite talent at a premium position.  Cost is draft capital and high cap space.

Discussion:  GB needs elite talent, but we can't use cap space or draft capital to acquire said talent

Conclusion:  Confused

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I never said I'd be mad at all of this... and clearly you're not not getting the very basic point.

Teams are limited by their draft and cap limit assets... you're giving up a ton of both to get a single guy, which clearly limits the team.

You have be smart with your limited assets and not put them all in a single basket. If this works, congrats, you got one of the best players in the NFL, and team with no depth... this is a team sport... where team depth and talent matter. If you use all of your limited assists in only a few players, then you don't have a very good football team....

People keep acting like if we added Mack we literally would have to get rid of all the rest of our team lol. Imagine taking Cobb and Matthews' money and giving it to Mack instead. That's not a 10 player to 1 player swap, its 2 for 1. The other 51 guys on the team stay put. 

Are we a better team? Absolutely because only one of those 3 is a complete difference maker, Mack.

Just now, Beast said:

Your giving them up for a guy your team has no shot to acquire via normal means, Von Miller, Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, JJ Watt, Vic Beasley, Aldon Smith (pre idiot mode), Clowney, Myles Garrett, Mario Williams, I could go on and on, the freaky pass rushers in the NFL are top 12 picks. Unless we suck you have no chance of getting Khalil Mack. If we suck that bad Aaron's not going to want to stick around anyway.

Pass rusher is the #2 most important position in the NFL today and it really isn't debatable. It would give you the #1 player in the NFL at the #1 and #2 moat important positions in the league.

I have even the slightest of minute hopes it happens, but to have any qualms about it if it did is crazy talk.

If the Raiders called tomorrow and said, we'll give you Mack for Nick Perry and Kenny Clark would you say no? Helpful players no doubt but that's the kind of guy odds tell you that late 1st round pick will get you.

7 minutes ago, persiandud said:

i really don't understand why people would rather keep the mediocrity we have over a proven stud. randall cobb and clay matthews over khalil mack? really? 

No not really, because your argument is incomplete and misleading, as it's completely missing the two 1st round draft picks and the cap space. It's not about Cobb and Matthews, it's about the losing BOTH high draft picks and lots cap space... give up one of the other, and the trade idea might be very good, giving up a ton of both and just simply hurts the team, as you got one star player surrounded by very limit talent.

5 minutes ago, persiandud said:

You're creating a false story... I wasn't mad at that statement... it was just completely missing the point and off subject.... now your false statements that I've quoted here upset me a little, because they're false and misleading stories... that get people further away from the truth.

People keep saying 1st round pick is nothing for mack, or the money is nothing... but I haven't seen anyone say giving up both is a great idea, nor I have I seen anyone explain why it's such a great idea and the Raiders are refusing to do it, especially since they don't even have to give up any draft picks. And if it's such a great idea, why aren't other teams jumping on it?

Archived