Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Ok @Packerraymond and @packfanfb,

1. Do we actually have evidence that Khalil Mack is being ignored because Oakland doesn't care?

and/or

2. Do we have evidence that Mack isn't asking for too much money?

I posed this rhetorical question last week: With what money are we going to sign him to an extension? We're talking about trading a lot away for a guy who will ask for a ton of money we're unwilling to pay after the season and a guy who, one could argue, is holding out for more money. Let's not forget that Gute was the guy who has been negotiating all of the current Packer contracts...

On 8/8/2018 at 11:37 AM, TheBitzMan said:

Cobb has value but they would be fine without him. Put Jimmy in the slot with G-Mo and Davante outside. O-line is a bigger question but so is Bulaga's health. Cutting Cobb/Bulaga to get Mack on an extension is a no-brainer. Have you watched this team in the playoffs the last few years?

Have you watched this OL block without Bak or Bulaga? ... yeah lets bring in Mack so Rodgers can get injured, again! ... Bulaga gets injured more than we like, but no one is coming close to him and Bak in terms of outside pass protection.

Edit: Also losing 1st round draft picks in what looks like it might be shaping up to be a very good draft year would suck too. Only way Reggie McKenzie is letting Mack go is if some other team over pays them (da raiders)

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ok @Packerraymond and @packfanfb,

1. Do we actually have evidence that Khalil Mack is being ignored because Oakland doesn't care?

and/or

2. Do we have evidence that Mack isn't asking for too much money?

I posed this rhetorical question last week: With what money are we going to sign him to an extension? We're talking about trading a lot away for a guy who will ask for a ton of money we're unwilling to pay after the season and a guy who, one could argue, is holding out for more money. Let's not forget that Gute was the guy who has been negotiating all of the current Packer contracts...

Do you have evidence he's a headache?

Mack will be returning to Oakland in time to fly home with his new team next week following a preview of his teammates in action.  Gruden isn't going to allow him to be traded to the Packers in time for him to wreak havoc on his QBs next Friday.  Look for the announcement shortly after the game finishes next Friday.

:ph34r::D

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Have you watched this OL block without Bak or Bulaga? ... yeah lets bring in Mack so Rodgers can get injured, again! ... Bulaga gets injured more than we like, but no one is coming close to him and Bak in terms of outside pass protection.

Edit: Also losing 1st round draft picks in what looks like it might be shaping up to be a very good draft year would suck too. Only way Reggie McKenzie is letting Mack go is if some other team over pays them (da raiders)

Have you seen Bulaga play recently? No one has. 

Dropping a solid RT in favor of an elite pass rusher with DPOY potential is a no brainer. Have you watched this team since the super bowl? We haven't stopped an above average passing game one time since then. 

Draft picks while valuable are overvalued in this case. We are talking about a field tilting pass rusher. Where we are picking we would be lucky to get a solid pass rusher. Maybe I am just sick of playing the long game but if you can trade for Mack it is a no brainer. Rodgers only has a finite amount of time, I'd rather go down swinging.

35 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Have you seen Bulaga play recently? No one has. 

Dropping a solid RT in favor of an elite pass rusher with DPOY potential is a no brainer. Have you watched this team since the super bowl? We haven't stopped an above average passing game one time since then. 

Draft picks while valuable are overvalued in this case. We are talking about a field tilting pass rusher. Where we are picking we would be lucky to get a solid pass rusher. Maybe I am just sick of playing the long game but if you can trade for Mack it is a no brainer. Rodgers only has a finite amount of time, I'd rather go down swinging.

This show how you don't understand

Bulaga isn't taking up that much cap space compared to Mack rumored asking contract

And more importantly Bulaga is an elite RT... Packers fan have been completely spoiled with QB and OT play they they just think it's solid... while a couple of teams like had OGs worse than McCray starting at OT. They Seahawks and Giants had nothing at OT at the start of last year.

#Linemenmatter

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Bulaga isn't taking up that much cap space compared to Mack rumored asking contract

And more importantly Bulaga is an elite RT... Packers fan have been completely spoiled with QB and OT play they they just think it's solid... while a couple of teams like had OGs worse than McCray starting at OT. They Seahawks and Giants had nothing at OT at the start of last year.

#Linemenmatter

15-1 GB Packers had Marshall Newhouse at LT.  

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

#Linemenmatter

Not saying lineman don't matter. I am saying that an aging RT coming off an ACL injury doesn't matter has much as an Elite pass rusher in his prime. Especially on a team that has been begging for defensive playmaking for the better part of a decade. 

OBVIOUSLY BULAGA's CAP IS NO WHERE CLOSE TO MACK'S DEMANDS. That is just a ridiculous counter point for you to throw out. They could fit Mack's contract in with Bulaga if they wanted to any ways. 

But yeah I don't understand...

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

15-1 GB Packers had Marshall Newhouse at LT.  

Which adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, trent dilfer has won as many super bowls as favre and Rodgers but you don't seriously compare dilfer to them

6 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Not saying lineman don't matter. I am saying that an aging RT coming off an ACL injury doesn't matter has much as an Elite pass rusher in his prime. Especially on a team that has been begging for defensive playmaking for the better part of a decade. 

OBVIOUSLY BULAGA's CAP IS NO WHERE CLOSE TO MACK'S DEMANDS. That is just a ridiculous counter point for you to throw out. They could fit Mack's contract in with Bulaga if they wanted to any ways. 

But yeah I don't understand...

What's ridiculous is the assertion they getting rid of bulaga gets us Mack or helps the team when it means putting Rodgers at more risk.

Archived