Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I disagree, respectfully. QB is the most important position. What if Boyle turns out to be the next Kurt Warner? We have three high potential young WRs (four with Kumerow). Exposing one of them to waivers is offset by keeping the others. 

If he doesn't land on a team with a HOF LT, HOF RB, and two possible HOF WR, we probably don't hear of him again.  

The Boyle hype is out of control. He looked fine but I'm not seeing an NFL QB there. He struggled with accuracy on a lot of throws too.

The same for Oren Burks. He didn't look bad but he struggled in a lot of run fits and although looks quicker still allowed two completions including one for a first. Not saying it is not slightly encouraging just didn't see him stake his claim as a starter. It is only game  1 though

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If he doesn't land on a team with a HOF LT, HOF RB, and two possible HOF WR, we probably don't hear of him again.  

What if all the other players we cut become those?

50 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

The Boyle hype is out of control. He looked fine but I'm not seeing an NFL QB there. He struggled with accuracy on a lot of throws too.

But didn't all the Packers QB struggle with accuracy? Hundley looked good, until he got hit once and then couldn't throw accurately either. After getting physical contact, Hundley goes down hill every single time... he can't look down field and be aware of pass rushers at the same time, it's an either/or for him.

The thing I like most about Boyle is that he had two very good passes with a DB blitzing and about to nail him, and it was still a good throw... you can't teach that... Boyle is very raw, but he has nice traits that you can't teach, while Hundley doesn't have those traits and you can't teach them. Don't get me wrong, I think Boyle is a 3rd QB at best right now, but he has potential. Of course I don't know if coaches have enough time to coach up a 3rd QB anymore since the CBA limited time they get to spend with players.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

But didn't all the Packers QB struggle with accuracy? Hundley looked good, until he got hit once and then couldn't throw accurately either. After getting physical contact, Hundley goes down hill every single time... he can't look down field and be aware of pass rushers at the same time, it's an either/or for him.

The thing I like most about Boyle is that he had two very good passes with a DB blitzing and about to nail him, and it was still a good throw... you can't teach that... Boyle is very raw, but he has nice traits that you can't teach, while Hundley doesn't have those traits and you can't teach them. Don't get me wrong, I think Boyle is a 3rd QB at best right now, but he has potential. Of course I don't know if coaches have enough time to coach up a 3rd QB anymore since the CBA limited time they get to spend with players.

Yeah I guess but I have seen both of the other guys at least compete against NFL competition. Boyle looked erratic against guys that will most likely never play a down in the league

I'll say this: It is a heck of a lot more fun watching preseason games when we don't have noodle arm Graham Harrell out there.  

All 3 guys have the arm.  Right now I'm not sure any of them have the combination of poise and accuracy needed to be successful backup QB's.  Hope to see that develop in the next 3 games.  It is awfully hard when you can't get past your first progression because of the lack of talent on the backup OL.  

Archived