CW21's 2018 NFL Draft Thread (Post Questions)

CWood21

2 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

Thoughts on David Sills

Honestly, it's probably too early to make an opinion one way or the other.  He's got about a half a dozen games to really look at, and even then he's still quite raw in terms of playing the position.  You see it largely in his footwork, which is incredibly unrefined.  I don't think there's much of a chance he declares, or at least he shouldn't.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, it's probably too early to make an opinion one way or the other.  He's got about a half a dozen games to really look at, and even then he's still quite raw in terms of playing the position.  You see it largely in his footwork, which is incredibly unrefined.  I don't think there's much of a chance he declares, or at least he shouldn't.

Coming in to this week I believe he leads the nation in TDs not receiving but TDs overall. In today's climate I don't see him staying because there wouldn't be any way to improve on his season.

6 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Which wr could you see turn into a bonifide #1 for a team, or probably a better question is who would you take if you were the gm

I'm not sure there's a Julio Jones or AJ Green-level of receiver in this year's class, but there's talent there.  At first glance, you could make an argument for Courtland Sutton or James Washington as the top WR, and both would have very legitimate arguments.  Then you have guys like Calvin Ridley or Dante Pettis who aren't your protoypical elite WR who could go high.

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

I have two:

What makes Josh Allen a better prospect than Lamar?

Any really good KR/PR guys in this class?

I am going to go ahead and answer that second question....

I think it could go like this...  

PR

Dante Pettis Washington SR

Christian Kirk Texas A&M JR

Antonio Callaway Florida JR

De'Mornay Pierson-El Nebraska SR

Greg Stroman Virginia Tech SR

Braxton Berrios Miami FL SR

Darius Phillips Western Michigan SR

DJ Chark LSU SR

DeAndre Thompkins Penn State*

DJ Reed Kansas State JR

Charles Nelson Oregon SR

Martez Carter Grambling State SR

In terms of a feel Pettis is the best, so smooth back there and knows how to set up his blockers, Kirk is a faster guy but at times is not the best at making you miss.  Callaway is a star return man but after this season who knows where his head is.  Pierson-El is very good as a punt return man but I actually thought he would take more back to the house than he has.  Chark has impressed this year despite not doing it a ton years previously.

KR

Christian Kirk Texas A&M JR

DJ Reed Kansas State JR

Saquon Barkley Penn State JR

Darius Phillips Western Michigan SR

Greg Stroman Virginia Tech SR

Pretty crazy having Barkley on that list but kid has been crazy good on special teams as a kick return man, but doubt he does that in the NFL because of injury, will see.  Is hell to deal with much like Todd Gurley was a few years back and is a way to get him the ball.  Stroman has been pretty consistent as well for quite a long time, as is a decent enough corner.  Reed is a great athlete and has had some success as a kick return man but not sure he will do that at the next level, might be too valuable at corner.

These guys probably will not come out but could argue Turpin is as good as anyone same with Henderson.  Both got returns for TDs this past week and are super fast, but again doubt they come out early will see.

KaVontae Turpin TCU JR

Quadree Henderson Pitt JR

Richie James Mid Tenn RS JR

Not sure there are many guys one is literally scared to kick the ball too though as a punt return man, Pettis might be the only one right now, him or Stroman as a punt return or kick return man.  

On 10/28/2017 at 3:48 PM, tyler735 said:

Lamar Jackson is a 1st round talent

He's a 1st round talent, but as far as a QB prospect goes he's a huge work in progress.  He's developed quite a bit in the last calendar year or so, but in terms of development he's still behind the curve.

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

What makes Josh Allen a better prospect than Lamar?

He's further along the development curve.  When you watch Allen, you see more translatable traits.  That's not a knock on Lamar Jackson, Allen doesn't have his legs to fall back on like Lamar Jackson does.

Archived