EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

49 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Should have been a lot worse and that’s saying something cause it was bad! Sucks that it’s gonna end like this. That 2h against Liverpool was the start and this game was the ending. Hard to not be devastated 

Honestly it has just come down to City finally playing at their pre season expectations the last couple months and us drawing a couple games we should’ve won. 

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What an anti climax. Arsenal did not look like a team that has led the premiership most of the season. Meek. Usually if there’s a two horse race they should have a proper game against each other. 

men against boys.

No there was a clear gulf between them. Arsenal have such a little brother complex against City and Liverpool, and added to the recent form of each team and it was just obvious that yesterday was going to be a slaughter. I just hope we can regain form to not lose 2nd place. My fear is that the start to this season was a prolonged version of the run of good form we had last year that didn’t last vs us just getting better as a club. This summer will be very interesting in how many and what level quality of players we sign.

I’d sign 2 starting CM, a youngish starting quality attacker and some depth at CB and fullback.

You can pinpoint Arsenal’s title challenge falling apart to Xhaka’s booking against Liverpool.

If they won that day, they’d have beaten West Ham and Southampton and they’d have been much more confident last night.

They’re a few transfer windows away from challenging again. Reminds me of Liverpool in 2014 as far as this being this squad’s best opportunity.

2 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

No there was a clear gulf between them. Arsenal have such a little brother complex against City and Liverpool, and added to the recent form of each team and it was just obvious that yesterday was going to be a slaughter. I just hope we can regain form to not lose 2nd place. My fear is that the start to this season was a prolonged version of the run of good form we had last year that didn’t last vs us just getting better as a club. This summer will be very interesting in how many and what level quality of players we sign.

I’d sign 2 starting CM, a youngish starting quality attacker and some depth at CB and fullback.

If you finish 3rd in a two horse race, you’re literally the new Spurs 

Haaland overtakes two England legends to break 28-year Prem record.

Some headlines I read before and during the season;

"Has Haaland made City worse?"

"Will City live to regret letting Jesus go?"

"Haaland to flop in PL?"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Haaland overtakes two England legends to break 28-year Prem record.

Some headlines I read before and during the season;

"Has Haaland made City worse?"

"Will City live to regret letting Jesus go?"

"Haaland to flop in PL?"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Ultimately, it's not going to stop him from jumping to Real if they've retained even remotely that same cachet (let alone if City haven't won the CL by that point).  Doubt it happens in 2024, but every year after if City fail to eclipse that later goal, Madrid's likelihood of signing him (finance allowing) increase.

I mean, Haaland had the depth in supply that how many of those PL legends had anywhere close to?  Not even bitter here; I expected us to get rocked by City because City literally have two sides deep, if you don't show up with the ability and mindset to play out of your mind at their ground, that's exactly the result you can expect.

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Ultimately, it's not going to stop him from jumping to Real if they've retained even remotely that same cachet (let alone if City haven't won the CL by that point).  Doubt it happens in 2024, but every year after if City fail to eclipse that later goal, Madrid's likelihood of signing him (finance allowing) increase.

I mean, Haaland had the depth in supply that how many of those PL legends had anywhere close to?  Not even bitter here; I expected us to get rocked by City because City literally have two sides deep, if you don't show up with the ability and mindset to play out of your mind at their ground, that's exactly the result you can expect.

Yeah the supporting cast is gold. I'd argue the likes of Andy Cole had a great supply with those utterly dominant United teams. Multiple ways of getting him the ball, pressing wasn't really a thing either. Although murdering attackers with studs was.

Maybe will go RM, yeah. There will probably be no Modric and Kroos though. Will they be the same force beyond 2024? Who knows.