EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

At the risk of annoying United fans, I think next year will be a reality check...

This is a year where Tuchel's chelsea are arguably the best team in the league, but they've only had him for a month or two. It's a year where LFC had a brutal run of injuries and had no CBs at one point. A year also where Spurs and Arsenal have taken the year off.

United have been good, especially when they go a goal behind - they amass over 2 points per games in which they go 1 behind - crazy. But, for me it's a bit of a false hope given the situation of other teams usually up and around the top 4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

At the risk of annoying United fans, I think next year will be a reality check...

This is a year where Tuchel's chelsea are arguably the best team in the league, but they've only had him for a month or two. It's a year where LFC had a brutal run of injuries and had no CBs at one point. A year also where Spurs and Arsenal have taken the year off.

United have been good, especially when they go a goal behind - they amass over 2 points per games in which they go 1 behind - crazy. But, for me it's a bit of a false hope given the situation of other teams usually up and around the top 4.

As a City fan I'm terrified by all of them.  United have our number, Chelsea do, and uninjured Liverpool has.  I'm not excited at all.

18 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

As a City fan I'm terrified by all of them.  United have our number, Chelsea do, and uninjured Liverpool has.  I'm not excited at all.

Next season will surely be harder. LFC will come back hard with a pre-season, they'll be able to press like beasts again and get their CBs back. Chelsea under Tuchel might even be favourites...

Just can't get on the United hype train at all. I think they're only second this year due to the issues at LFC, Chelsea and Tottenham. 

Compare the midfields....Gundogan/Rodri/KdB/Silva.....Mount/Kante/Jorginho.......Thiago/Fabinho/Wijnaldum.....McTominay and Fred 😂

I think it will depend on their summer. If they can upgrade their midfield plus a CB, then they’re gonna be good. Add Sancho and that’s a scary side. I don’t think Ole is good enough for a club of their stature but he is smart enough to let the attack go through Fernándes and that’s proven to be a good recipe for success for them. I don’t think they’ll win but they should still be top 4.

19 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Being poor in the final third has caught up to us these past two games. Just hope that it doesn’t end up killing our season. 

Tuechel has been great but your attack is basically:

1) Pass it to Mount and watch him do something

2) Long pass to Werner (and he’s usually offside)

3) Pulisic runs into 3 defenders really fast

I can see you winning all of your games, because your defense is so solid, but your margin of victory is smaller because of the attack.

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Tuechel has been great but your attack is basically:

1) Pass it to Mount and watch him do something

2) Long pass to Werner (and he’s usually offside)

3) Pulisic runs into 3 defenders really fast

I can see you winning all of your games, because your defense is so solid, but your margin of victory is smaller because of the attack.

I wouldn’t even say that’s our plan of attack.  We rely on either playing through the press or high ball recoveries. Teams that sit back and try to match our system gives us trouble. I really do not know why Tuchel stopped playing CHO wing back, going forward he’s the best player for that position by far. Boggles my mind that we waste so many opportunities given the positions we get into.