Matt Ryan vs Cam Newton  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Ryan vs Cam Newton

• Matt Ryan
    • Cam Newton

12 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Matt Ryan has been the better QB.

Newton is more talented.

Both will never win a Superbowl barring some massive luck.

Well they both got kinda close to winning by way of actually being in the game. In fact, Ratt got extremely close to winning.

Anyway, I'd take Cam. Of course, I'm a Panthers fan. I'm not sure there's a single QB that could perform better than he has with his surrounding cast outside of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, then maybe Ben and Rivers who are all HOFers or borderline. No way would Myan have been as good. Cam has willed that offense to score many, many times. Was the team's leading rusher twice and outside of Olsen (who spent most of last year injured), he hasn't had a reliable receiver for the past few seasons.

21 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

Well they both got kinda close to winning by way of actually being in the game. In fact, Ratt got extremely close to winning.

Anyway, I'd take Cam. Of course, I'm a Panthers fan. I'm not sure there's a single QB that could perform better than he has with his surrounding cast outside of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, then maybe Ben and Rivers who are all HOFers or borderline. No way would Myan have been as good. Cam has willed that offense to score many, many times. Was the team's leading rusher twice and outside of Olsen (who spent most of last year injured), he hasn't had a reliable receiver for the past few seasons.

They did but it's extremely unlikely they ever get back, I don't think we've seen an NFC QB to go multiple SBs within two decades save for Russel Wilson.

30 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

They did but it's extremely unlikely they ever get back, I don't think we've seen an NFC QB to go multiple SBs within two decades save for Russel Wilson.

That doesn’t make it unlikely though.  It’s bound to happen.  Heck, it may happen this year.  Cousins and Goff are the only QB’s on a strong contender that haven’t made the SB from the NFC unless we’re counting Wentz.  Rodgers, Brees, Cam, and Ryan have all been. 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

That doesn’t make it unlikely though.  It’s bound to happen.  Heck, it may happen this year.  Cousins and Goff are the only QB’s on a strong contender that haven’t made the SB from the NFC unless we’re counting Wentz.  Rodgers, Brees, Cam, and Ryan have all been. 

1/32 chance every year to win a SB. 

1/16 chance to win your conference.

Wentz I don't count as a superbowl QB since he didn't play in it. 

It's an unlikely event given how stacked the NFC is so eh.

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

1/32 chance every year to win a SB. 

1/16 chance to win your conference.

So you think Brady has the same chance to win a Super Bowl as Tyrod Taylor?

Cam plays for a strong contender and typically makes it to the playoffs.  That’s been the case for Ryan the last 2 seasons too.  It isn’t extremely unlikely for them to make it back. Difficult, sure, but they have as good of a chance as any other NFC team based off track record.  

9 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Matt Ryan and the Falcons have a very good shot at getting back to the SB this year.  Look at that roster and tell me why they can’t?  They had a supposedly “down” year last year and still won 10 games and nearly beat the champs on the road in the divisional round.  They return all the starters from last year and had a brilliant draft with Ridley and Oliver being perfect fits at their positions.  They also finished 4-2 in the toughest division in the NFL so sleep on the Falcons all you want, they’re legit.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

So you think Brady has the same chance to win a Super Bowl as Tyrod Taylor?

Cam plays for a strong contender and typically makes it to the playoffs.  That’s been the case for Ryan the last 2 seasons too.  It isn’t extremely unlikely for them to make it back. Difficult, sure, but they have as good of a chance as any other NFC team based off track record.  

Obviously that's a hard no, probably a question you don't need to ask.

I'd say it is given they're not even the 2nd best team in their division and have o-line issues, WR issues, secondary issues and a whole lot of ?s on defense. 

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Matt Ryan and the Falcons have a very good shot at getting back to the SB this year.  Look at that roster and tell me why they can’t?  They had a supposedly “down” year last year and still won 10 games and nearly beat the champs on the road in the divisional round.  They return all the starters from last year and had a brilliant draft with Ridley and Oliver being perfect fits at their positions.  They also finished 4-2 in the toughest division in the NFL so sleep on the Falcons all you want, they’re legit.

Ah yes the Falcons are so legit despite the obvious fact their OC is terrible and will most likely be their downfall, they're a very solid veteran team but the Falcons are due for a regression.

2 hours ago, celestial said:

Cam Newton doesn't lose a SB with Julio Jones and co. Newton went to a SB with Ted Ginn. Newton >

Matt Ryan did nothing to lose that SB other than not audible to more run plays to kill the clock. 

Archived