Iloka to the Vikes?

The Gnat

32 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Harris is in the last year of his deal, but Kearse has still got 2 years.

I wonder if Harris will get the boot then. We'll need all the $$$ we can for the possible Barr/Richardson/Waynes deals. Kearse being under team control for two years could play a factor into that decision. 

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i expect Spielman to engineer a player for player trade. but i couldn't say who we're dealing...

My initial thought would be that the prime candidate would be Mackensie Alexander.  While they wouldn't get a high end player for him, he might be able to bring in a guard/center.  

Just now, swede700 said:

My initial thought would be that the prime candidate would be Mackensie Alexander.  While they wouldn't get a high end player for him, he might be able to bring in a guard/center.  

Yup, I've been thinking for weeks that he wasn't a lock to be around Week 1. With Hughes playing so well and Newman taking nickel reps this week, it makes you wonder.

22 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Yup, I've been thinking for weeks that he wasn't a lock to be around Week 1. With Hughes playing so well and Newman taking nickel reps this week, it makes you wonder.

Wasn't he taking nickel reps because Alexander is out?

I think it's interesting some people are framing this as a "depth" signing. This guy is only 28 years old, the prime of his career. He's started every game of his career......let me repeat that, he started as a rookie in a Mike Zimmer defense. No offense to Andrew Sendejo, but I'd be stunned if Iloka is only used as a backup depth piece.

Mainly I think that I'd call it a depth signing because we have Sendejo playing there right now, and I'm not sure that he's that much of an upgrade. However, a lot of that is because Sendejo knows the system (and is underrated generally). But I could see that switching eventually. And I would like to see what they could get for Sendejo on the market, but also, the safety market hasn't been hot for free agents, so probably basically nothing.

Archived