PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

11 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Sorry @winitallThis is my league, I inherited the Dirty Doz league With Sammy & kept the old settings.

Maybe it's not my place as a newish guy, but why not force the roster limits after the draft but before the season? If I spend a pick on a guy I now have to drop, it's my fault. To find out that the guy I just selected is now available for anyone else to draft forces a bad trade. You don't know who will be available in your draft spot, so keepers are going to be your best collection of misfits. 

Maybe there are logistical reasons but it feels like this would be a welcome move by at least 2 owners (possibly more). 

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Maybe it's not my place as a newish guy, but why not force the roster limits after the draft but before the season? If I spend a pick on a guy I now have to drop, it's my fault. To find out that the guy I just selected is now available for anyone else to draft forces a bad trade. You don't know who will be available in your draft spot, so keepers are going to be your best collection of misfits. 

Maybe there are logistical reasons but it feels like this would be a welcome move by at least 2 owners (possibly more). 

Yes there is,

After the keeper deadline the ESPN site is locked until the offline draft is entered, If a team is over a limit on a position I can't enter the draft. I need to leave out the last player(s) drafted that put them over the limit so the draft can be entered. The site automatically makes all players not drafted a FA & starts our first waver wire for the year.

It's the GM's responsibility to know the league settings & his/her roster.

We have 96 players that are drafted that needs to be entered into 16 rosters correctly, lets not make it more difficult than it needs to be.

I hope that helps clear it up.

I swear that the other drafts/leagues on this forum move at twice the speed of this one…

I know we always finish with plenty of time to spare, but a six round draft shouldn’t be a three-week event. 

Edited by Lions017

I’ll never understand how drafts take so long haha. When I sign up for a league, I’m aware there will be a draft at some point in the year at specific time. I account for it, and plan, plus I’m excited as all hell to get my new guys or draft my start up team. But it seems like every league I’m in rookie drafts and start ups take forever. Don’t get me wrong, I know there’s life that happens outside of a fantasy football draft, but that’s exactly what motivates me to get it done as quickly as possible so it’s not something that drags out for weeks. Just my two cents. Again, I get unexpected things happen though and life doesn’t stop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’ll never understand how drafts take so long haha. When I sign up for a league, I’m aware there will be a draft at some point in the year at specific time. I account for it, and plan, plus I’m excited as all hell to get my new guys or draft my start up team. But it seems like every league I’m in rookie drafts and start ups take forever. Don’t get me wrong, I know there’s life that happens outside of a fantasy football draft, but that’s exactly what motivates me to get it done as quickly as possible so it’s not something that drags out for weeks. Just my two cents. Again, I get unexpected things happen though and life doesn’t stop. 

I think it's made a little extra frustrating by the fact that everyone carries a computer in their pocket these days. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but there are very few points in my day where I can't check my phone for three minutes and make a pick or see if it's my turn. 

10 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I think it's made a little extra frustrating by the fact that everyone carries a computer in their pocket these days. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but there are very few points in my day where I can't check my phone for three minutes and make a pick or see if it's my turn. 

Not me, I can't remember the last time I turned my phone on....It probably needs a charge?

I don't need to be available 100% of the time to everybody I know. I like my down time!

11 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Exactly.