Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm on cloud 9!!

On Monday, I'm going to pick up my new toy, a brand new 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7L Hemi!!!!! 

Bye, bye Bimmer! 

Not to ruin the day.  But I’ve had 2 jeeps a 96 Cherokee (first ever vehicle, 16 thousand miles) and a 2005 grand Cherokee (60,000 Miles) and both had serious issues.  I’ll never buy jeep again.  The ‘96 was such a bad *** unit tho.  I loved the old boxy design they used to use.  The ‘96 I did run hard though.

I hope they’ve improved in development for your sake.  Both had AC issues a few months in.  On the ‘05 it blew a heater core twice as well as the rear differential (or something like that, I’m no mechanic).  Crazy with the differential though, I remember driving down I70 and hearing like a loud noise like I’d ran over something.  I70 from the colorado/Kansas border is as boring as it is and it stopped immediately so I figured I’d hit a pot hole while day dreaming.  Drove it for 2 months with a messed up rear differential on I25 in the Springs almost daily.  It started making weird noises regularly so I got it in and the mechanic couldn’t believe it hadn’t just fallen apart.  So maybe Jeep does do something right.

Anyway, hope you have a better experience than I did.  I was a Jeep fanatic until I owned 2.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:37 PM, Broncofan said:

Read the GD thread and decide.  NYJ issues last week had a ton of context.  NE you use either now or Week 16.   Your call. Good luck! 

@elliot878 I hope this isn’t the big pool you are in, would suck massively if that’s the case:  

Edited by Broncofan

While the draft hasn't worked out well so far overall (and still too soon to write guys off), getting a 5th round pick for Kapri Bibbs might be one of the best moves, given Bibbs didn't even make it through TC with San Francisco.   But, still happy for him that's he's finally found work - signed by WAS today.   With all their injuries, could find a role to play out the RoS.  He's got just over 2 years of service time with this contract, you hope he can still hang around for 4 years, so he'd get the pension and medical plan (full coverage for 10 years after retirement/last release).   Will root for him to hang around.

Edited by Broncofan

RG3 really turned down 2 offers in the preseason and now wants to play,for a playoff contender. Guy is such a joke. 

The Saints got a backup qb playing special teams. And RG3 wasn't humble enough to sign in pre season because he didn't have enough time to prepare.

I always had Shannys side in their back and forth. But, I always wonder why Shanny would bring up what went wrong with him after years of it being over with. Now I get it the guy gives you nausea with his decision making. Such a shame the guy has never become humble.

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

RG3 really turned down 2 offers in the preseason and now wants to play,for a playoff contender. Guy is such a joke. 

The Saints got a backup qb playing special teams. And RG3 wasn't humble enough to sign in pre season because he didn't have enough time to prepare.

I always had Shannys side in their back and forth. But, I always wonder why Shanny would bring up what went wrong with him after years of it being over with. Now I get it the guy gives you nausea with his decision making. Such a shame the guy has never become humble.

This guy is the king of the millennials.  

• Like 2

I just got a gut feeling that Cody Latimer would of been a great player if he got drafted by other teams. I could just see him in the Hines Ward role for the Steelers.

It's just a shame because he got drafted right as the qb situation started to deteriorate. He's not the game breaker who could succeed anywhere but he could of been a plus starter on a team with a catylst at qb.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I just got a gut feeling that Cody Latimer would of been a great player if he got drafted by other teams. I could just see him in the Hines Ward role for the Steelers.

It's just a shame because he got drafted right as the qb situation started to deteriorate. He's not the game breaker who could succeed anywhere but he could of been a plus starter on a team with a catylst at qb.

I loved the Latimer pick when it was made.    Thought he’d be a very good NFL WR.  Good size at 6’2” 215, 4.45 type speed, excellent vertical, and the guy caught literally everything thrown his way at Indiana.  I remember thinking we’d look back at that pick and consider it a steal.

He very well could have been better on another roster, but there were a lot of reports that he didn’t put in the work to learn the playbook or get in sync with the QBs.  One example was the team brought Rod Smith in to talk to the WRs and Latimer sat on his cell phone the entire time, which prompted Smith to speak with him individually later on.

I don’t think it’s an effort type thing.  He plays hard during games, but at least early on he appeared to be a guy who thought he could walk out on Sundays play hard and with his talent be productive, which is all it took in college.