Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I find it a bit interesting that we're the only team in the league that had all 3 preseason games on Sunday. Not sure I've ever seen that before. 

I think it means we are winning the Super Bowl this year. 

• Like 2

I was looking at the planned broadcast schedule for the season on 506sports.com and, as of now, both the Chiefs and the Cowboys will have 12 of their 16 confirmed games (week 18 is all flex so I didn't count it) nationally-televised as either a primetime game, special game (week 1 kickoff game, Black Friday game, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, Saturday exclusive), or the premier game in the Sunday late (2:25) window on either CBS or Fox. 

By each week for the Chiefs: 1-kickoff game, 2-CBS national, 3-SNF, 4-CBS national, 5-MNF, 7-Fox national, 9-MNF, 11-CBS national, 13-Black Friday, 14-SNF, 16-Saturday National NBC, 17-Christmas Day Netflix

By each week for the Cowboys: 1-Fox national, 3-Fox national, 4-TNF, 5-SNF, 6-Fox national, 8-SNF, 10-Fox national, 11-MNF, 13-Thanksgiving, 14-MNF, 16-SNF, 17-Fox national

Not counting week 18 which is all flex, or week 17 Saturday which has 2 flex games, there are 81 total nationally televised games between the primetime, special days, and 2:25 national windows. Either the Cowboys or the Chiefs will play in 24 of the 81 games, or 30%. The other 30 teams in the league will split the remaining 70%. 

In 9 of the 17 weeks, the Chiefs and the Cowboys will both play in nationally televised games. 

Now, I'm a right-wing capitalist pig, and I fully support the networks making their money and both teams are currently the premier draws in the league. But, seriously, the NFL really should work for a more equitable share. 

• Like 5

On 9/2/2024 at 4:39 PM, champ11 said:

I just finished my first watch thru of Sopranos .... what a show, man, what a show. What are your feelings about Christopher @AnAngryAmerican ... I think I could see myself liking him more on re-watches as a tortured soul, but he drove me mad on this watch thru  

My wife and me are almost done season one, also our first viewing. It’s good, but for all the talk about it being the best show ever, I assume it gets a lot better than this.

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

My wife and me are almost done season one, also our first viewing. It’s good, but for all the talk about it being the best show ever, I assume it gets a lot better than this.

In a way it wasn't what I was expecting after watching so many shows - but leaving it I think it's probably the best show I've ever watched. I was into it from the jump. I do think it gets better tho

• Like 1

12 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

It’s good but I have always preferred the wire as my favorite show from that era.

Whilst I would agree, the Wire is just so so so dark. Maybe it's just me, but drugs just make me feel a lot sadder than mob hits.

36 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Picking between The Sopranos and The Wire is like picking between children for me. I might have a different answer every time I think about it.

Mad Men is still my favorite from the peak prestige TV era though. 

Hell yeah. Mad Men 1, Breaking Bad 1a.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 4:39 PM, champ11 said:

I just finished my first watch thru of Sopranos .... what a show, man, what a show. What are your feelings about Christopher @AnAngryAmerican ... I think I could see myself liking him more on re-watches as a tortured soul, but he drove me mad on this watch thru  

I loved the Christopher character, second only to Tony in the depth of his development. I don’t to spoil it for those who haven’t seen the show through, but his arc throughout the 6 seasons, while somewhat predictable, was beautiful storytelling. 

As far as the show itself, it is my #1 drama of all time. I won’t argue, however, with those who claim for The Wire as the GOAT, as it was also spectacular. Same with Breaking Bad, though I think Breaking Bad lost its way in the final season and got too dark, it was at its best when it was compelling but had a, what’s the right word, comedic silliness (not in an unserious way) to it. I’ve never been a fantasy genre guy, so while GOT was exceptional television, I couldn’t get into it that way I could the aforementioned 3. 

I could write a dissertation on this stuff but I’m in Arlington Texas for a communications professionals conference (and to propose to my now new fiancé, those of you with whom I’m friends on Facebook have probably recognized by now that my now ex and I have split) but great television is a topic we can discuss at the same length as football, haha. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The Chiefs are the best team in football. But when they get this kind of officiating, not even the 1927 Yankees could beat them.

It's honestly not even fun to watch... The officiating, you can't breathe on the QB otherwise its roughing the passer...

14 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

It's honestly not even fun to watch... The officiating, you can't breathe on the QB otherwise its roughing the passer...

Roughing the passer, Spags calling timeout, that holding call just now bringing back a 30+ yard run, allowing them to push the pile for hours until they get into the end zone, basically any play Jawaan Taylor is on the field…it’s literally endless. 

• Like 2