Packers Acquire Antonio Morrison for Lenzy Pipkins

Hawkfan191

Like this move.  Getting a player who's going to see a large number of snaps for a guy who wasn't going to make the roster.  Even if Burks hadn't gotten hurt he had no business being on the field for 3 downs.  Also gives us insurance as it's Ryan's contract season.  Morrison isn't a great player but he fills a MAJOR need on the defense.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty much how I feel about Jake Ryan so he sounds like a good 1-to-1 replacement. 

What ever happened to Ryan last year, anyway?  I thought he was ready to have a big year, and then he didn't...

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

What ever happened to Ryan last year, anyway?  I thought he was ready to have a big year, and then he didn't...

Ryan is what he is. He's a better than average run defender who's otherwise limited in every other aspect of the game. He had a limited role here and was fine for that role. Morrison replaces that role, and might even bring a little attitude to the position that Ryan didn't. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Ryan is what he is. He's a better than average run defender who's otherwise limited in every other aspect of the game. He had a limited role here and was fine for that role. Morrison replaces that role, and might even bring a little attitude to the position that Ryan didn't. 

I don't know...

His 2nd year he was shooting gaps and making some plays behind the LOS.  I thought he was on his way.  

I thought he really fell off last year.

3 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I don't know...

His 2nd year he was shooting gaps and making some plays behind the LOS.  I thought he was on his way.  

I thought he really fell off last year.

He was great in run filling. I think PFF gave him like the 2nd best run defense grade of all LBs. Not sure what you saw?

47 minutes ago, Cheech said:

250 snaps as long as 50 stays healthy.  It looks like he'll be fine taking over for Jake Ryan.  

I like what Burks has done and the two other rookie ILB have made some plays.  But none of them have consistely held up vs. guards.  It looks like Morrison can, and actually enjoys it.

Yeah I should have added I wasn't trying to say he has to start here, I was simply saying I never thought he was the NFL starting caliber coming out. I really like him as a Ryan replacement TBH. But he's going to frustrate the same guys that were with Ryan, probably even more so.

Morrison had horrible measurables in terms of speed, but he's clearly improved in some way, shape, or fashion in the NFL. He had 109 comb. tackles last year and 64 solo tackles. That's good production and we did the right thing by giving Pipkins a shot at achieving in the league given that he wasn't going to make our roster. He'll easily make Indy's roster given their atrocious secondary and might even start. Morrison's a plug-n-play guy who shouldn't be a liability. I suspect we'll see more Josh Jones in some sort of S/LB hybrid role at some point.

He's slow af, but he also isn't 5.1 slow. Like he might be 4.75-4.8, so still slow as piss, but 5.1, lol

And yeah, he he got tacklezzzz for those who worship PFF, his score was 45 something. (That's really bad) but we got him for Pipkins, so who cares.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Better than average? I’m pretty sure he was like the top ranked run defender in the league least year

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty much how I feel about Jake Ryan so he sounds like a good 1-to-1 replacement. 

Not really, he's worse. Not everyone who you don't think is a starter is an equal player.

Methinks he will be a whipping boy soon if he plays real deal snaps, more than Ryan. Hope I'm wrong!

Archived