Packers Acquire Antonio Morrison for Lenzy Pipkins

Hawkfan191

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I haven't seen anything like Bishop's ability to pick his blitz lanes and pressure opportunities out of Morrison. In the sense that they're both short, meh athlete thumpers, I guess I agree. 

How much Morrison have you seen? You willingly watched the Luck-less Colts? Even I don't like football THAT much.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How much Morrison have you seen? You willingly watched the Luck-less Colts? Even I don't like football THAT much.

I graduated from college in Indiana. I was a missionary in a foreign land offering aid where possible and trying to convert them to the one true faith.

5 hours ago, Cheech said:

Ouch.  

We went from an undersized ILB who can fly (4.59) to an undersized ILB who... can't (5.10).  

I read somewhere earlier today that when he ran that 5.10 he was 10 days removed from a staph infection.

4 hours ago, palmy50 said:

Trading CB's for run first off the ball LB's is bad business in today's NFL but I kinda like this move.

I'd love to have a few more guys that think like Morrison in that room(kid is a dog). He'll do the dirty work and do it well. There's no premium on his job in today's NFL but he's cheap and it was a contract year for Ryan. Why not....

Nice to hear from you!   :)

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't feel much of that would play with Barrington's body/skillset at the pro level anyway. Wasn't really my point. Bishop was a tone setter that often had the biggest one in the room. Now put "that guy" in Barrington's body/skillset. That's Morrison! 

Hope that makes sense. It works in my head...lol

Just now, palmy50 said:

I don't feel much of that would play with Barrington's body/skillset at the pro level anyway. Wasn't really my point. Bishop was a tone setter that often had the biggest one in the room. Now put "that guy" in Barrington's body/skillset. That's Morrison! 

Hope that makes sense. It works in my head...lol

I'm excited to have to guy like that again. Wayne Simmons was one of my favorite players growing up, wore #59 in grade school ball for him. Even with all the rule changes I'm still a fan of the guys that play defense to go out there and knock someone's .... off lol.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I read somewhere earlier today that when he ran that 5.10 he was 10 days removed from a staph infection.

I don't doubt it.  5.10 is awful.

He is limited going from sideline to sideline though.  Base package player who can take on blocks and shoot some gaps.  He's the anti-Oren burks.

Everyone's gotta be down with this trade. Why not...

Watched him a lot at Florida and he was hard not to like, seemed pretty relentless for us, but truthfully, I never thought of him as a pro starter.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everyone's gotta be down with this trade. Why not...

Watched him a lot at Florida and he was hard not to like, seemed pretty relentless for us, but truthfully, I never thought of him as a pro starter.

250 snaps as long as 50 stays healthy.  It looks like he'll be fine taking over for Jake Ryan.  

I like what Burks has done and the two other rookie ILB have made some plays.  But none of them have consistely held up vs. guards.  It looks like Morrison can, and actually enjoys it.

Archived