Packers Acquire Antonio Morrison for Lenzy Pipkins

Hawkfan191

10 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

damn i've never heard of a dude that had 100 tackles last year, i've really become a casual that knows nothing 

Having 100 tackles just means he was a starting inside linebacker for most of the season. Sounds like the Colts weren't happy with his performance. 

7 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Having 100 tackles just means he was a starting inside linebacker for most of the season. Sounds like the Colts weren't happy with his performance. 

Nobodies saying the guy is the second coming - who doesnt get traded for the talent level of Linzy Pipkins - but 100 tackles DOES show that he was productive while on the field - to the degree it kept them putting him on it as opposed to him standing on the sideline.

Thats a lot of tackles - whichever way you want to cut it. The guy got in on a lot of plays.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Or they were switching defensive schemes that he didn’t fit into too.

Indeed, a 4-3 defense with a slow middle linebacker is a 4-3 defense that's going to get eaten alive in the short passing game.  Odd fronts can hide one of those guys since his job is to take on a blocker/ be worth blocking in order to free up the other ILB.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nobodies saying the guy is the second coming - who doesnt get traded for the talent level of Linzy Pipkins - but 100 tackles DOES show that he was productive while on the field - to the degree it kept them putting him on it as opposed to him standing on the sideline.

Thats a lot of tackles - whichever way you want to cut it. The guy got in on a lot of plays.

Yeah. He's Sam Barrington meets Desmond Bishop. Think Bishop's game in Barrington's body.

Just now, palmy50 said:

Yeah. He's Sam Barrington meets Desmond Bishop. Think Bishop's game in Barrington's body.

Okay.......I'll take it. Better that way than the opposite. Barringtons game would be limited in todays game IMO.
We needed a body and this guys a body that hits and tackles other bodies :)

5 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I haven't seen anything like Bishop's ability to pick his blitz lanes and pressure opportunities out of Morrison. In the sense that they're both short, meh athlete thumpers, I guess I agree. 

I like this deal for the Packers. They give up Lenzy Pipkins, cool name notwithstanding, who was a fringe CB that’s largely slotted for special teams, and receive a starting caliber run thumper who led Indy in tackles last year (109).

There’s no doubt Morrison is here to fill the void left by the Jake Ryan injury. They still have Ahmad Thomas to defend on passing downs until Burks is healthy again. I’d also expect to see J. Jones in the middle on occasion, maybe even...Rollins, if he makes the team.

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I haven't seen anything like Bishop's ability to pick his blitz lanes and pressure opportunities out of Morrison. In the sense that they're both short, meh athlete thumpers, I guess I agree. 

Can't say I ever seen Bishop that way either. Don't know without looking but something tells me Bishop didn't have more than a dozen sacks or so over the course of a pretty long career. Could be totally wrong there. Just not the way I remember him. 

16 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Can't say I ever seen Bishop that way either. Don't know without looking but something tells me Bishop didn't have more than a dozen sacks or so over the course of a pretty long career. Could be totally wrong there. Just not the way I remember him. 

Define, "lengthy career". Man never really found a home after he left the Packers. I don't know how many times he wrecked that hamstring but he was done after that. 

Bishop could get it when he was young and healthy. Would've had a did sack year if Tripplette wasn't the worst

You're right though, he wasn't a thumper though. He was a pretty good flow guy that could always find the ball

Archived