Packers Acquire Antonio Morrison for Lenzy Pipkins

Hawkfan191

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We need to drop this 100 tackle thing. 100 tackles as an inside linebacker really just means you were in the game for 250 rushing plays. 

I agree actually, however, it's ironic because a lot of people who think Martinez walks on water immediately go to the "how many tackles he had last year" well. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I agree actually, however, it's ironic because a lot of people who think Martinez walks on water immediately go to the "how many tackles he had last year" well. 

I also agree... though with Martinez he also finished #1 in the NFL which means he probably didn't miss too many... as DT Clark said, Martinez does a pretty good job of cleaning up behind them (the DL). And I haven't been as high on Martinez because his zone coverage of the middle looked average at best from some of the times I was watching to see who blew a coverage. I like Martinez, I'm just not sure if he's as good as some think... as leading the NFL in tackles has giving him greatness in a few people's minds.

It'll be interesting to see if Morrison makes it over say Martini or not... I saw where one Colt's fan thought it was just for healthy bodies to get through the preseason.

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Tackles for loss is the better stat

Also tackles for how much gain... I was trying to find some NFL film of Morrison and got his rookie year highlights, and early on, it showed all these tackles of his... but I thought those maybe should be on the low lights because it seemed like a lot of tackles after picking up a number of yards he shouldn't of gotten. Though it got better towards the end and that was his rookie year, not last year.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We need to drop this 100 tackle thing. 100 tackles as an inside linebacker really just means you were in the game for 250 rushing plays. 

I agree.

It should have been dropped when AJ Hawk's 100+ tackles were being cited to justify his starting role, but better late than never.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tell that to the guys on the sidelines. Oh thats right - they're not good enough to get on the field - so they cant make 109 tackles. 
Nobodys saying the guys some All Pro talent. That talent level doesnt get traded for Linzy Pipkins - but you cant just diss the production out of hand.
The guy made plays - which is what kept him getting sent out there.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm excited to have to guy like that again. Wayne Simmons was one of my favorite players growing up, wore #59 in grade school ball for him. Even with all the rule changes I'm still a fan of the guys that play defense to go out there and knock someone's .... off lol.

I agree.

Herb Waters is a year older than Pipkins.  At their respective pro days Pipkins was a little faster, Waters a little stronger, and Waters jumped better. Pipkins got some PT last season.  I hope he does well in Indy.

Comparisons, if you want:

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=125719&draftyear=2016&genpos=wr

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124755&draftyear=2017&genpos=CB

Archived