Better Player: Julio Jones or Jalen Ramsey

mdonnelly21

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player

3 hours ago, Malik said:

Ramsey because Jones touchdown rate is terrible for a WR with his skillset and he gets to play with a pretty good QB constantly indoors or in good weather.

Why does Jones' TD rate matter?  He's clearly helping his team move the ball down the field and get into scoring position.  Who cares if Jones get the TD or if Freeman runs it in, as long as the team scores the TD?  I could see why a fantasy football owner would care about something like this, but not anyone else.

52 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Haven't they matched up before? If so, that should determine the outcome.

They have not.

I'll go with Julio right now as he's more proven and still in his prime, he's been an elite WR for years, Ramsey an elite CB for just 1 year. Going forward I'll obviously go with the younger Ramsey who I expect to have the same level of success as Julio and a HOF career.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Why does Jones' TD rate matter?  He's clearly helping his team move the ball down the field and get into scoring position.  Who cares if Jones get the TD or if Freeman runs it in, as long as the team scores the TD?  I could see why a fantasy football owner would care about something like this, but not anyone else.

Julio had one of the worst red zone catch %s in the league last year and only caught 1 TD inside the 20. 

Atlanta only scored in the RZ 49.18% of the time which was 23rd in the league. If it's not Julio, who is responsible for the lack of production?

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Because it's so incredibly low for a player with his physical ability.  I got into a bunch of arguments about this in the Packer thread for... Some reason.  Redzone play is a huge aspect for both receivers and cornerbacks.  Ramsey keeps players out of the endzone.  Julio can't get in there. 

And the excuse that he's getting 11 players guarding him in the redzone doesn't work.  If he's getting double or triple teamed in the redzone, you're giving players like Coleman, Freeman, Howard, Sanu one on one matchups.  Julio isn't getting doubled or triple teamed in the redzone. 

His TD ratio from ANYWHERE on the field is so far behind his peers that it eliminates any kind of luck factoring into it.  He scores .45 touchdowns a game with former NFL MVP Matt Ryan.  AJ Green, with Andy Dalton, scores .56 touchdowns per game. 

It's tough to say who is better when you're comparing different positions, but Ramsey is clearly the better redzone player between the two. 

On 8/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, Malik said:

Ramsey because Jones touchdown rate is terrible for a WR with his skillset and he gets to play with a pretty good QB constantly indoors or in good weather.

This is why I laugh when people make the argument that Julio is better than Antonio Brown because Julio is supposedly a better redzone threat.

Theoretically, he should be with his physical tools....but AB is better in the red zone....so....  :/

Not trying to turn this into AB vs Julio....Julio is an amazing WR.....but I feel like alot of people ignore facts like you pointed out.

Body of work?  It's easily Julio. 

Right now?   It's easily Ramsey.   Shutdown CB's, true shutdown ones (not ones living off reputation) changes a team more than an alpha WR does.   And they're more important to the team (there's only so many targets an alpha WR gets even if he's amazing on every pass down, whereas the CB's mistakes/excellence in coverage is tested each play).

On 8/26/2018 at 8:12 PM, showtime said:

because we're talking about the best of the best at their respective positions. or at least 2 people in serious contention for that argument. That's a huge demerit. It's like if Jalen was frequently getting DPI calls on himself.

Archived