Why are people sleeping on the RAIDERS this year?

VanS

11 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

In all fairness the Raiders still probably have only the third best backfield in the division. Not only are Hunt and Gordon a step above Lynch at this point in his career, but the Chargers also have a pretty good complimentary back in Ekeler.

Yeah but hunt and gordon are near the top of the league. Doesn't mean the Raiders don't have a talented backfield.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah but hunt and gordon are near the top of the league. Doesn't mean the Raiders don't have a talented backfield.

Atlanta, NO, Carolina, LAR, Arizona, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Minnesota, LAC, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy. 

NE, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit. 

They’re in the 20ish range.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why are people sleeping on the Raiders? Probably because it looks more and more like they will be without their best player this season.

Football is a team game.  Unless you're losing a QB like Aaron Rodgers, you can withstand the loss of a single player.

Plus the Raiders look like they hit it out of the park this year in the draft when it comes to young defensive lineman.  PJ Hall, Arden Key, and Maurice Hurst have impressed.

Its possible their d-line will be better this year than last year even if they don't get Khalil Mack back.

25 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Atlanta, NO, Carolina, LAR, Arizona, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Minnesota, LAC, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy. 

NE, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit. 

They’re in the 20ish range.

I think if we're looking at established names, I can see why you would think that. But based on seeing Lynch and Richard last season, I consider them a strong backfield. I'd take Lynch THIS YEAR over all but maybe 10 backs based on his performance last season and I KNOW that no one who isn't a Raiders fan will take that seriously, but I was extremely impressed with his level of play last year and I think he'll carry it into this year as well. I don't expect anyone to agree, but I strongly expect both Lynch and Richard to be dynamic backs this season.

Football is a team game. 

True, but football is also about having difference makers. 

Mack is the only elite/blue ship defensive talent they have right now on defense. If he plays, I can see their defense being middle of the pack or slightly below average (which you can live with if your offense is pretty good), but if he is not there, I don't think they will be much better. 

12 minutes ago, Danand said:

You also said that last season, lmao rofl rofl lol lol

Are you still finding ways to throw shade at the Raiders because I don't like Flacco? Your obsession with following me around threads and disliking the Raiders is cute, if a little pathetic. I see the other Ravens fans are here too. Big surprise.

Archived