What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, MrDrew said:

I get the why, I just don't know how people continue to put up with garbage. It takes 2-3x the resources to run the same software in Windows as it does in OSX/Linux, and nothing runs as smooth.

People will freak out if their $4 coffee is slightly wrong, but they'll put up with their expensive computer running like trash. Doesn't make sense.

It's real easy to go down the street and try a new cup of coffee if you weren't 100% satisfied with the first one.

It's not so easy to throw a new OS on your computer.

If they both had the same amount of friction, i think you'd see more competition between OS'.

I've finally perfected my beef jerky recipe.  The thinnest sliced beef is the only type that tastes good (it all tastes good right out of the oven, but the following is the only one that tasted good after being cooled). 

2 pounds beef bottom round steak thinly cut.  As thin as you can get it.  

1. Marinate it overnight in a full bottle of liquid smoke. 
2. Cut into big slices (this is important).  Should be half the size of a blu ray case. 
3. Place on dehydrator racks, then lightly salt just one side.
4. Dehydrate until you can crack it by bending it, but not far enough so that it breaks in half.  It should only crack and not be bendy, but not break in half.
5. Bake at 285 degrees for 10 minutes.  Not a minute longer. 

Perfect jerky.  Tastes like it's store bought. 

I spent a lot of money and made a lot of wasted batches of jerky to come up with this. 

All my other recipes were either too strong in flavor, had bad texture (too chewy, too soft, crunchy like chips...).

I get the equivalent of 5 bags of jerky for the price of one bag of jerky, and now my investment will start to pay dividends. 

On 10/26/2018 at 12:48 PM, cddolphin said:

My new goal in life is to become rich enough that anytime a cashier hands me change that includes coins, I can just throw them right into her face without having to worry about financial repercussions. I hate coins. 

Depending on the interaction with the cashier, I might just intentionally try to confuse the hell out of them.  Say the total is $7.13 and I’ll give them $11.87 just to watch their brain shatter. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I've finally perfected my beef jerky recipe.  The thinnest sliced beef is the only type that tastes good (it all tastes good right out of the oven, but the following is the only one that tasted good after being cooled). 

2 pounds beef bottom round steak thinly cut.  As thin as you can get it.  

1. Marinate it overnight in a full bottle of liquid smoke. 
2. Cut into big slices (this is important).  Should be half the size of a blu ray case. 
3. Place on dehydrator racks, then lightly salt just one side.
4. Dehydrate until you can crack it by bending it, but not far enough so that it breaks in half.  It should only crack and not be bendy, but not break in half.
5. Bake at 285 degrees for 10 minutes.  Not a minute longer. 

Perfect jerky.  Tastes like it's store bought. 

I spent a lot of money and made a lot of wasted batches of jerky to come up with this. 

All my other recipes were either too strong in flavor, had bad texture (too chewy, too soft, crunchy like chips...).

I get the equivalent of 5 bags of jerky for the price of one bag of jerky, and now my investment will start to pay dividends. 

I despise liquid smoke tho

gimme the carcinogens 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Apple is pure awful. People pay so much for one their products and only get little back in satisfaction and quality. Those Samsung and Android commercials parodying them are spot on. 

https://9to5mac.com/2018/07/31/tim-cook-iphone-x-was-the-most-popular-iphone-during-q3-as-customer-satisfaction-hits-98/

> 98% satisfaction rating

> little satisfaction

okay bro, okay.

• Like 1