What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yup

https://www.seriouseats.com/tags/sous vide

Everything you need to know to get started is there. And probably just about anything you need to know period, as well. Anything by Kenji López-Alt, I can assure you is basically perfectly done. 

Some starting points from that link you should find of interest:

Those are the basics to make some perfect meals.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

https://www.seriouseats.com/tags/sous vide

Everything you need to know to get started is there. And probably just about anything you need to know period, as well. Anything by Kenji López-Alt, I can assure you is basically perfectly done. 

Some starting points from that link you should find of interest:

Those are the basics to make some perfect meals.

Would it be a super unsexy gift if I buy one for my GF? She does like to cook.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Would it be a super unsexy gift if I buy one for my GF? She does like to cook.

I’d love if someone bought me some cool kitchen gadget that I could use a lot. I’d assume as long as she isn’t the type to get offended at the notion that someone would buy her a kitchen appliance because “she belongs in the kitchen,” I think you’d be okay. 

After seeing how well it cooks, if we weren’t living together, I’m certain my girlfriend would be super happy to get one from me too. 

Assuming you’ve already gotten one for yourself, might be easiest to gauge her interest by cooking some stuff and letting her see how easy it is and how incredible food comes out with it. But you know her better than I can guess about her.

Just now, pwny said:

I’d love if someone bought me some cool kitchen gadget that I could use a lot. I’d assume as long as she isn’t the type to get offended at the notion that someone would buy her a kitchen appliance because “she belongs in the kitchen,” I think you’d be okay. 

After seeing how well it cooks, if we weren’t living together, I’m certain my girlfriend would be super happy to get one from me too. 

Assuming you’ve already gotten one for yourself, might be easiest to gauge her interest by cooking some stuff and letting her see how easy it is and how incredible food comes out with it. But you know her better than I can guess about her.

By age 25 she owned a law practice. I am going to go ahead and assume there is nothing I could say or do to offend her. 

Thanks for the advice, I am going to order a second one.