What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or that show/documentary about the guy who kidnapped his niece or something like that which broke the internet for a weekend. And like everyone knew and the cops didn't do anything, and then he escaped jail and they interview everyone and they all say "well he was charming".

I don't want to sit there on Saturday morning just yelling WHAT THE **** at my TV for 3 hours.

Yeah, my wife watched that one. I refuse to watch it, in fear of breaking something. 

This one plays out like a horror movie - it's less "F THIS, I'M STARTING A REVOLUTION!" and more "don't go in the room... don't go in the room... ***** I said don't go in the room!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't want to sit there on Saturday morning just yelling WHAT THE **** at my TV for 3 hours.

@LETSGOBROWNIES @NateDawg @mistakey and I have been doing it on Sunday afternoons watching the Browns for the last 20 years. It's underrated on how cathartic it can actually be. Mondays will actually start to look good after a Sunday like that.

• Like 4

Just now, ET80 said:

Yeah, my wife watched that one. I refuse to watch it, in fear of breaking something. 

This one plays out like a horror movie - it's less "F THIS, I'M STARTING A REVOLUTION!" and more "don't go in the room... don't go in the room... ***** I said don't go in the room!"

I'm already bordering on dangerous levels of cynicism. Shows like that are not exactly ideal.

So no politics involved, dont want to debate any of that. But I am watching a documentary of the 2000's and Jesus did Bush have it rough. 9/11 his first few months, then Katrina, then Wall St/TARP. 

Its quite amazing that our country didnt dissolve during all this. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So no politics involved, dont want to debate any of that. But I am watching a documentary of the 2000's and Jesus did Bush have it rough. 9/11 his first few months, then Katrina, then Wall St/TARP. 

Its quite amazing that our country didnt dissolve during all this. 

I actually agree.  I'm pretty far to the left, so I'm not a fan of Bush, but I do think he gets a rougher time than he deserves in retrospect.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I actually agree.  I'm pretty far to the left, so I'm not a fan of Bush, but I do think he gets a rougher time than he deserves in retrospect.

The end of it was a historian, and he said something to the effect of: "History will be kinder to Bush than any one during his presidency". Living through it, I guess I didnt piece together how many insane things happened to our country in just a short period of time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The end of it was a historian, and he said something to the effect of: "History will be kinder to Bush than any one during his presidency". Living through it, I guess I didnt piece together how many insane things happened to our country in just a short period of time.

His sincerity isn't really in question, and his humanitarian work in Africa has left a huge positive impact on the world. Even if someone disagrees with him, he's worthy of respect.

Probably would disagree with the history will be kinder bit considering Abe Lincoln's presidency, but it's a documentary so a hyperbole or two isn't the end of the world.

TBH, without getting political, there are plenty of people that were terrible presidents that are/were great human beings (See: Jimmy Carter), regardless of what you think of W as a president, most would see him as genuine, likeable, and overall pretty honest (look at how the Obama family views him/interacts with him).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, without getting political, there are plenty of people that were terrible presidents that are/were great human beings (See: Jimmy Carter), regardless of what you think of W as a president, most would see him as genuine, likeable, and overall pretty honest (look at how the Obama family views him/interacts with him).

Getting cynical, there are likely elements of being a terrible human being that make you a good leader. Anyone who actually wants that job is a psychopath. Same with other absurd jobs like a Fortune 500 CEO. You'd have to be insane.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Getting cynical, there are likely elements of being a terrible human being that make you a good leader. Anyone who actually wants that job is a psychopath. Same with other absurd jobs like a Fortune 500 CEO. You'd have to be insane.

I 100% do not disagree with this. TBH, that's also why usually most GOAT type athletes are stone cold killers. MJ, Kobe, Bonds, Brady ...guys like that who have enormous chips on their shoulders, punch teammates in the face at practice, invite the guy who took that varsity spot from you to your HOF speech so you can ridicule him...etc. They are just wired a certain way.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anyone who actually wants that job is a psychopath. Same with other absurd jobs like a Fortune 500 CEO. You'd have to be insane.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

guys like that who have enormous chips on their shoulders, punch teammates in the face at practice, invite the guy who took that varsity spot from you to your HOF speech so you can ridicule him...etc.

So... I'm a psychopath.