What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Sounds like a drunk that went to the wrong house

That was my thought too.  Though it's a helluva long way to walk.  We're like 45 min walking time from the nearest bar.

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Well, anyway, i had a rough night.  Got to bed at 11 after doing some stuff at the old house, getting it ready for some showings this weekend.  Then at 2:30AM someone rings my doorbell and starts pounding on the door.  The whole time yelling/pleading "please open the door...".  Yeah right, like i'm going to open that door.

That's a prime way to get shot in Texas.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

If i had a gun, that would have been the time to point it at someone for the first time.

My friends cousin had her tweaked out neighbor knock on her door at 3am asking if she could help her get rid of a body of a friend that OD’d.

She said “OK I’ll be over in a minute. Wait in your yard for me.” And then called the police.

Then she had to move cause the drug user neighbor’s family was sending her death threats 

9 hours ago, ET80 said:
13 hours ago, theJ said:

Well, anyway, i had a rough night.  Got to bed at 11 after doing some stuff at the old house, getting it ready for some showings this weekend.  Then at 2:30AM someone rings my doorbell and starts pounding on the door.  The whole time yelling/pleading "please open the door...".  Yeah right, like i'm going to open that door.

That's a prime way to get shot in Texas.

Is it weird that my gut reaction is the opposite? Like, are they in danger? WTF? 

I dont know if I open the door, but I am def having a chat with them through the door. 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Is it weird that my gut reaction is the opposite? Like, are they in danger? WTF? 

I dont know if I open the door, but I am def having a chat with them through the door. 

Oh, I'll do all of that - with my Sig by my side.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If i had it to do over again (and i hope i don't), i would have had a conversation with them...from the 2nd floor window.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

If i had it to do over again (and i hope i don't), i would have had a conversation with them...from the 2nd floor window.

TBH, single me thinks/thought differently than married/father me does.

Single me: Open the window, have conversation, call the police, maybe grab my Remington (Tactical 12 Gauge)

Married me, with 3 girls: More likely that I'm being conned/robbed/someone is trying to harm my family. Sorry man, unless I see something happening with my own eyes, you're on your own, I'm still calling the police, and I'm barricading everyone in the house.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, single me thinks/thought differently than married/father me does.

Single me: Open the window, have conversation, call the police, maybe grab my Remington (Tactical 12 Gauge)

Married me, with 3 girls: More likely that I'm being conned/robbed/someone is trying to harm my family. Sorry man, unless I see something happening with my own eyes, you're on your own, I'm still calling the police, and I'm barricading everyone in the house.

Single me: i should see what these people want so I can get back to sleep

Married me: Honey, open the door and I'll pop 'em twice. Then we can get back to sleep.