What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Dome said:
1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Neil Armstrong was from Ohio. What do you mean WE? I suppose I’ll allow it since you’re a Midwesterner and have likely said “ope” or “lemme slide by ya” this week.

I'm not from the midwest, but I say both of those things on a regular basis.

Ope? What does that mean? 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In March.

Heck, that's November weather...

That can be an any day weather tbh. Sometimes it goes from under 30 degrees to over 90 degrees in <24 hours because why not? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ope? What does that mean? 

Almost like “oops” but often preemptive 

Trying to get past someone on a grocery store aisle and they start to take a step back into you, a little “Ope” let’s em know you’re there.

Washing the car and you see the hose is getting pulled and it’s gonna tip over the soap bucket, you say “ope” as you hustle over the the bucket before it tips.

Old lady drops her credit card at Applebee’s? You say “ope” as it’s falling just before you reach to pick it up for her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

Almost like “oops” but often preemptive 

Trying to get past someone on a grocery store aisle and they start to take a step back into you, a little “Ope” let’s em know you’re there.

Washing the car and you see the hose is getting pulled and it’s gonna tip over the soap bucket, you say “ope” as you hustle over the the bucket before it tips.

Old lady drops her credit card at Applebee’s? You say “ope” as it’s falling just before you reach to pick it up for her.

how is it pronounced? Hard "O" or hard "E"? 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Neil Armstrong was from Ohio. What do you mean WE? I suppose I’ll allow it since you’re a Midwesterner and have likely said “ope” or “lemme slide by ya” this week.

I can't think of a single situation in my life where I would say "ope". I definitely say "lemme move by ya" or something to that effect.

Though to be fair I'm not great at that either. I almost got in a fight at the grocery store recently because this dude in front of me not only just left his cart in the middle of the aisle but actually abandoned it so quickly that the cart had some spin on it. So by the time he started scanning the food, he had the cart parked the long way across in the middle of the aisle, and no one could move. And to me, the idea that some dude could be so self-absorbed that he literally just let his cart go like a blind kid throwing a baseball into the void was hilarious, so I started laughing. But the problem was that I laughed too hard, and then he realized I was laughing at him. Tensions escalated.

• Like 1

There was a thread about this on reddit just within the last couple weeks, asking people about phrases or words they say that other people don’t.

”Ope” was one that quite a few people claimed they said regularly 

Edited by Dome

46 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't think of a single situation in my life where I would say "ope". I definitely say "lemme move by ya" or something to that effect.

Though to be fair I'm not great at that either. I almost got in a fight at the grocery store recently because this dude in front of me not only just left his cart in the middle of the aisle but actually abandoned it so quickly that the cart had some spin on it. So by the time he started scanning the food, he had the cart parked the long way across in the middle of the aisle, and no one could move. And to me, the idea that some dude could be so self-absorbed that he literally just let his cart go like a blind kid throwing a baseball into the void was hilarious, so I started laughing. But the problem was that I laughed too hard, and then he realized I was laughing at him. Tensions escalated.

I’ve laughed at a stranger before, just to realize they really don’t like being laughed at by a stranger. 

Tensions escalated there too. Several minutes later he was removed from the store lol. 

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

There was a thread about this on reddit just within the last couple weeks, asking people about phrases or words they say that other people don’t.

”Ope” was one that quite a few people claimed they said regularly 

in Minnesota, it is mandatory that if you almost bump into someone in the hallway, you both say "ope". 

I have tried many times to stop myself, but it is impossible. 

• Like 3