What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So...like, how big is Daddy Pig!?

Like...is he 16' 7" or something!?

Yeah. He's more than twice the size of Peppa. Maybe even four times the size. And he's fat, as they always joke about. Dude's gotta weigh like two tons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. He's more than twice the size of Peppa. Maybe even four times the size. And he's fat, as they always joke about. Dude's gotta weigh like two tons.

His glasses probably weigh as much as my car...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Peppa is 7' 1". What in the holy hell...

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So...like, how big is Daddy Pig!?

Like...is he 16' 7" or something!?

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hogs get big, man.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, Daniel said:

Hogs get big, man.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey, if anyone knows about hogzillas, it's someone from Texas. Been a decade or so since I hunted hogs, but those suckers were getting HUGE.

But, 16' 7"? Nah man, I'm good. I'mma stay home.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Been a decade or so since I hunted hogs,

I know nuthin about hog huntin
Do you sit in a blind and wait for em or do you drive em out of their hangouts ?

Edited by Shanedorf

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I know nuthin about hog huntin
Do you sit in a blind and wait for em or do you drive em out of their hangouts ?

Yes to both - but their population has grown so rapidly, it's probably too dangerous to drive them out on foot, you'll end up getting overwhelmed by them (and a fully grown hog charging at you will most definitely kill you, and has every intention to do so).

Most people I know set up bait stands and let em gather, then will pop as many as they can. The meat is really rancid on the 300+ pounders, so if you're hunting for food, you aim for the middle sized ones. If you're hunting for population/pest control, you just point and shoot.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yes to both - but their population has grown so rapidly, it's probably too dangerous to drive them out on foot, you'll end up getting overwhelmed by them (and a fully grown hog charging at you will most definitely kill you, and has every intention to do so).

Most people I know set up bait stands and let em gather, then will pop as many as they can. The meat is really rancid on the 300+ pounders, so if you're hunting for food, you aim for the middle sized ones. If you're hunting for population/pest control, you just point and shoot.

People forget how dangerous pigs can be, much less wild boar or feral hogs.  One of my neighbors growing up raised hogs, and he was missing a few fingers from some of the nibbles.

A dude I played rugby with went on some old school hunting trip and killed a boar on horseback with a ******* spear, so I knew he was a badass.  I'd like to go boar hunting one day, but definitely with a high powered rifle and some company.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

People forget how dangerous pigs can be, much less wild boar or feral hogs.  One of my neighbors growing up raised hogs, and he was missing a few fingers from some of the nibbles.

A dude I played rugby with went on some old school hunting trip and killed a boar on horseback with a ******* spear, so I knew he was a badass.  I'd like to go boar hunting one day, but definitely with a high powered rifle and some company.

Hogs are really big vermin with an ability to either trample you to death or eat you alive. They are horrendous animals, and the more you kill - the better for the entire ecosystem. 

The last time I went hog hunting (was in my mid to late 20s, so it was over a decade ago) I had a Remington 30.06 and my buddy (who is 100% country as you can get) used a bow and arrow with a 30 lb draw weight - this thing could probably fire an arrow through a tank window, it had pop. We both had sidearms on us as well, in the event a hog charged us - you needed to pull out the sidearm and fire away if they got close enough, you're aiming for survival at that point - even in a tree stand, if that thing starts running in your direction, you're not risking it.

It was fun as hell, but scary too. Definitely need to do it again.

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks guys, that's what I am heavily leaning towards. I have a consultation soon to see if I am even a candidate but fingers crossed I am. I've been wanting this ever since putting on my first pair of glasses like 20 years ago.

I've had it.  If you're a candidate, don't hesitate.  Do it.  It's amazing.

Mine is 5 years old now.  I'm 20/12 in my right eye and a measly 20/15 in my left eye.  That's after years of barely being able to see the big E at the top of the chart.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hogs are really big vermin with an ability to either trample you to death or eat you alive. They are horrendous animals, and the more you kill - the better for the entire ecosystem. 

The last time I went hog hunting (was in my mid to late 20s, so it was over a decade ago) I had a Remington 30.06 and my buddy (who is 100% country as you can get) used a bow and arrow with a 30 lb draw weight - this thing could probably fire an arrow through a tank window, it had pop. We both had sidearms on us as well, in the event a hog charged us - you needed to pull out the sidearm and fire away if they got close enough, you're aiming for survival at that point - even in a tree stand, if that thing starts running in your direction, you're not risking it.

It was fun as hell, but scary too. Definitely need to do it again.

helicopter-hog-hunting.png 

I don’t hunt, but if I had a helicopter I’m not sure I’d ever do anything else.

• Like 1