What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't know 200 within the context of your job. What's average?

On a Sunday? Around this time a year ago, I was doing Amazon for six routes and on an average Sunday I'd have about 60-70 packages total for the entire route. Get done in about 2, 2 and a half hours give or take. 

Now, I do five routes and I've been having anywhere between 190-240 every Sunday since this crap started back in March. Usually working 8 or 9 hours.

Just now, D82 said:

On a Sunday? Around this time a year ago, I was doing Amazon for six routes and on an average Sunday I'd have about 60-70 packages total for the entire route. Get done in about 2, 2 and a half hours give or take. 

Now, I do five routes and I've been having anywhere between 190-240 every Sunday since this crap started back in March. Usually working 8 or 9 hours.

Damn.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I didn't know Amazon had Sunday delivery

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I didn't know Amazon had Sunday delivery

Yup. Some areas don't, I guess, and in other areas Amazon delivers it themselves instead of using the USPS. 

In our town, though, we do it. Lucky us. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yup. Some areas don't, I guess, and in other areas Amazon delivers it themselves instead of using the USPS. 

In our town, though, we do it. Lucky us. 

So you work for the postal service delivering for Amazon? Would you work at all on Sunday if it wasn't for Amazon?

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

More money?

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So you work for the postal service delivering for Amazon? Would you work at all on Sunday if it wasn't for Amazon?

Probably not. Though I know in some areas that don't deliver Amazon they've started delivering Wal*Mart and select UPS packages on Sundays.

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

More money?

I mean...yeah, that's been nice. But this is usually our "lull" period of the year where we recover from Christmas. Working 8-10 days in a row before getting a day off delivering this amount of packages plus the mail Mon-Sat takes a toll. Hoping I'm full-time by this years holiday season so I can at least have Sundays off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Some people were convinced that that was part of some master plan

I mean, I've said it in the Coronavirus thread, but sports cards and memorabilia markets are through the roof right now.  The other thing is ordering food online.  A couple weeks ago before mother's day, almost all of Omaha Steaks was sold out- I'm sure that the meat shortage at the time contributed to that as well.  But even Jimmy's Seafood in Baltimore ships food around the country in dry ice and they can barely keep up with orders.  Those are two areas where sales are doing really well and generating business for deliveries.  

Anytime I leave my house or come back, I always see two of USPS, Fed Ex, Amazon delivery or UPS within my neighborhood.  

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, I've said it in the Coronavirus thread, but sports cards and memorabilia markets are through the roof right now.  The other thing is ordering food online.  A couple weeks ago before mother's day, almost all of Omaha Steaks was sold out- I'm sure that the meat shortage at the time contributed to that as well.  But even Jimmy's Seafood in Baltimore ships food around the country in dry ice and they can barely keep up with orders.  Those are two areas where sales are doing really well and generating business for deliveries.  

Anytime I leave my house or come back, I always see two of USPS, Fed Ex, Amazon delivery or UPS within my neighborhood.  

I mean, there has been a dramatic reduction in mail volume...but to be honest, it's usually like this around this time of year anyway what with schools letting out and people going on vacations, etc. 

Last financial report stated we are currently $4 billion in the hole. So...some extra money wouldn't hurt, and it would allow the USPS to pay their employees hazard pay during this whole mess...but, we'll be fine. Every carrier I've talked to has said that rumors of our demise have been around for the last 60-70 years, and we're still here. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean, there has been a dramatic reduction in mail volume...but to be honest, it's usually like this around this time of year anyway what with schools letting out and people going on vacations, etc. 

Last financial report stated we are currently $4 billion in the hole. So...some extra money wouldn't hurt, and it would allow the USPS to pay their employees hazard pay during this whole mess...but, we'll be fine. Every carrier I've talked to has said that rumors of our demise have been around for the last 60-70 years, and we're still here. 

that sounds right