What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, I've said it in the Coronavirus thread, but sports cards and memorabilia markets are through the roof right now.  The other thing is ordering food online.  A couple weeks ago before mother's day, almost all of Omaha Steaks was sold out- I'm sure that the meat shortage at the time contributed to that as well.  But even Jimmy's Seafood in Baltimore ships food around the country in dry ice and they can barely keep up with orders.  Those are two areas where sales are doing really well and generating business for deliveries.  

Anytime I leave my house or come back, I always see two of USPS, Fed Ex, Amazon delivery or UPS within my neighborhood.  

We're about to have the planet's first trillionaire because of delivery services. There's no way they shut down.

Unless Bezos buys one out and privatizes it. Which is certainly possible. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're about to have the planet's first trillionaire because of delivery services. There's no way they shut down.

stop stop you're scaring me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean...if he wants to buy us out and pay us carriers like....$60-70/hr, I'm on board.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...if he wants to buy us out and pay us carriers like....$60-70/hr, I'm on board.

without getting too political knowing how jeff bezos pays his workers you can drop the zero and it'll be closer to that i'd reckon

Edited by Shady Slim
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

without getting too political knowing how jeff bezos pays his workers you can drop the zero and it'll be closer to that i'd reckon

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking. 

Another night, another 5PM curfew here in Seattle, another night of constant sirens and helicopters buzzing my apartment (I live a little bit over a mile from where all the protesting/looting happened). Things are pretty crazy here.

Id say its not as chaotic and destructive as the WTO protests, but its up there. Biggest difference is most people are just standing around filming everything with their phones. People in 1999 where looking to rumble.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, I've said it in the Coronavirus thread, but sports cards and memorabilia markets are through the roof right now.  The other thing is ordering food online.  A couple weeks ago before mother's day, almost all of Omaha Steaks was sold out- I'm sure that the meat shortage at the time contributed to that as well.  But even Jimmy's Seafood in Baltimore ships food around the country in dry ice and they can barely keep up with orders.  Those are two areas where sales are doing really well and generating business for deliveries.  

Anytime I leave my house or come back, I always see two of USPS, Fed Ex, Amazon delivery or UPS within my neighborhood.  

What avenue are sports cards through the roof?  I may have some cards to sell, and I’m not seeing much change on eBay. Just curious. 

And off topic in an off topic section, which makes it almost on topic. Come on people quit killing people and quit being stupid. Quit using violence to justify attacking violence. Quit using an affiliation to feel superior to another side that may have a better idea. Quit using danger to humanity as a means to further an idealistic agenda to gain an advantage. Humility quite literally goes a long way to salve wounds that seam insurmountable. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

What avenue are sports cards through the roof?  I may have some cards to sell, and I’m not seeing much change on eBay. Just curious. 

And off topic in an off topic section, which makes it almost on topic. Come on people quit killing people and quit being stupid. Quit using violence to justify attacking violence. Quit using an affiliation to feel superior to another side that may have a better idea. Quit using danger to humanity as a means to further an idealistic agenda to gain an advantage. Humility quite literally goes a long way to salve wounds that seam insurmountable. 

A lot of the mid-high end are, and the whole Topps 2020 set is going banana.  

Also, the basketball market- specifically the Bulls from years ago- are booming right now.  People are buying out Targets and Wal-mart and selling Mosaic and Bowman blasters for 3 times their purchase price.  And people are gladly paying.  Jasson Dominguez is doing double the value Adley Rustchman had last fall.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A lot of the mid-high end are, and the whole Topps 2020 set is going banana.  

Also, the basketball market- specifically the Bulls from years ago- are booming right now.  People are buying out Targets and Wal-mart and selling Mosaic and Bowman blasters for 3 times their purchase price.  And people are gladly paying.  Jasson Dominguez is doing double the value Adley Rustchman had last fall.  

Yeah sports cards are WILD right now. Great time to sell. I got $80 for a freaking 2020 Giannis silver Prizm. A few months ago I might’ve gotten $5 for it. If that.