What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, Matts4313 said:

None of this is true. First off all, the judge will provide recourse if you empty an account. Secondly, unless there is a prenup, that money is both parties. 

Dont spit facts when you dont know what you are talking about. 

I mean, the court ruling would come later.  It would be incredibly inconvenient short term.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

He does have a point tho. Unless there is a prenup that money is shared anyways. Hell, if theyve been together for 8 years and I presume living together there is a solid chance they are common law married already and she had dibs on his savings. 

Not saying she would go after that, because people have morals. But she might be legally entitled. 

Right. I just don't think the main (or any) arguments for individual accounts to go along side your shared expenses account is so your wife doesn't take your money in the divorce. 

Just now, theJ said:

I mean, the court ruling would come later.  It would be incredibly inconvenient short term.

Most cases like this can be heard by a judge within a month. There is literally no chance at what pwny said happening without jail and or a lawsuit. 

None of this is true. First off all, the judge will provide recourse if you empty an account. Secondly, unless there is a prenup, that money is both parties. 

Dont spit facts when you dont know what you are talking about. 

No...if your name is on a signature card at a Financial Institution, there is nothing that can be done if an authorized signer walked in and got a Cashier's Check for the full balance.

There is recourse from a legal perspective, but that isn't overnight - that takes time and money (which is now gone...)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Right. I just don't think the main (or any) arguments for individual accounts to go along side your shared expenses account is so your wife doesn't take your money in the divorce. 

Then there is no reason to keep it seperate. The literal only reason is if you think she is a reckless spender or will take it and leave. Thats it. 

Just now, ET80 said:

No...if your name is on a signature card at a Financial Institution, there is nothing that can be done if an authorized signer walked in and got a Cashier's Check for the full balance.

There is recourse from a legal perspective, but that isn't overnight - that takes time and money (which is now gone...)

Matts already said that NONE of it was true..

can't you read?

Don't spit facts when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Did you just reiterate what I already said? The recourse would be through a judge. That doesnt change the legal claim.

Thanks for backing up what I said with a "no" - - I guess? 

Just now, ET80 said:

Hey, don't worry that your spouse just took 10k from your joint savings account and fled the state, you'll get the money back when the divorce is figured out in 14 months. It doesn't matter that you have no money and the mortgage is due tomorrow, the courts will figure it out. It's no biggie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hey, don't worry that your spouse just took 10k from your joint savings account and fled the state, you'll get the money back when the divorce is figured out in 14 months. It doesn't matter that you have no money and the mortgage is due tomorrow, the courts will figure it out. It's no biggie.

Knowing my luck she'd be shacked up with @bucsfan333 just for the icing on the cake. 

• Like 3

Did you just reiterate what I already said? The recourse would be through a judge. That doesnt change the legal claim.

Thanks for backing up what I said with a "no" - - I guess? 

Is this one of those moments where you're just trolling a Mod? Because if it's not, you're not thinking this through.

What if a spouse takes the money, books a ticket to Europe, or Asia? You really think any country is going to exercise extradition rights for a domestic dispute?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pwny said:

So are we turning this into a "f*** the legal system" debate? Because my point was that the other spouse would have legal recourse. And they would. Which means you were wrong.

And divorces dont take 14 months unless they are contested. Which presumably they would not be in this scenario. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Imagine fleeing the country.

Yup, time to call in the Delta Force...

So are we turning this into a "f*** the legal system" debate? Because my point was that the other spouse would have legal recourse

What's the point of legal recourse when the spouse isn't even in the US anymore?

Or does that not happen?

Just now, ET80 said:

Is this one of those moments where you're just trolling a Mod? Because if it's not, you're not thinking this through.

What if a spouse takes the money, books a ticket to Europe, or Asia? You really think any country is going to exercise extradition rights for a domestic dispute?

How many people would up and move to a non-extradition place because of money? I thought we were debating this on what really happens to 99% of the people who get divorced. If you want to debate some lala land scenario where a dude/chick moves to Iran because "f*** it, I need that 10k" then I guess you are right.

But here on planet earth, that crap doesnt happen to the vast, vast, vast majority of people.