What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'll just watch a video of the eclipse later, I'm too beautiful to wear those absurd glasses.

You don't need the glasses. I'm in the midwest atm and I just looked at it kind of squinty. Plenty of people were using normal sunglasses.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You don't need the glasses. I'm in the midwest atm and I just looked at it kind of squinty. Plenty of people were using normal sunglasses.

You need the glasses. Squinting does nothing to protect your eyes. Sunglasses only help remove some of the glare, and offer very little protection. Please don't be dumb and just stare into the sun. 

Just now, MrDrew said:

You need the glasses. Squinting does nothing to protect your eyes. Sunglasses only help remove some of the glare, and offer very little protection. Please don't be dumb and just stare into the sun. 

Yeah but I'm telling you I just did that and it was fine. Sounds like fear mongering.

Ok what the hell? It's kinda dark. But like low power mode on your phone dark. Not nighttime dark. I stood there with my phone on selfie mode. Sun stayed the same. Didn't see the moon show up. You know, they make it very hard sometimes for me not to be a cynical person 

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Ok what the hell? It's kinda dark. But like low power mode on your phone dark. Not nighttime dark. I stood there with my phone on selfie mode. Sun stayed the same. Didn't see the moon show up. You know, they make it very hard sometimes for me not to be a cynical person 

We were supposed to get a 75% eclipse here, and so I took a picture with my phone and the sun was still full. It got a little tiny bit dim, not even dark.

No lie, watching the eclipse happen was pretty fantastic. Had the glasses on while the Moon moved into position. Saw the sliver get smaller and smaller until the glasses blocked everything out. Took off my glasses so I could see the actual eclipse and it was incredible. Black ball with a shining, white ring. Yeah, eclipses happen every couple of years, but not where I can see them. This was amazing.