What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The reason I used that story as an example is because I was actually told that later by my parents when the topic of sex-ed came up. Your point stands though, my mom could have been using me to make a point, not remembering it accurately, etc.

And yeah, I wouldn't ever say "let your kid decide entirely". More just saying you need to try and make him as aware as you can and see if he has an opinion.

And I completely agree with that, explaining things to kids is never a bad option.

In fact, most people I meet still could use some things explained to them and they're grown adults, but I digress.

Ran out of beer during the great flooding, so went on a trek for more beer. Grocery store lines were long, so found a gas station. Gas station didn't have much of a choice, so went old school with a Mickey's 40oz. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ran out of beer during the great flooding, so went on a trek for more beer. Grocery store lines were long, so found a gas station. Gas station didn't have much of a choice, so went old school with a Mickey's 40oz. 

Enjoy. 

TF is Mickey's? My go to 40 is Old English 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How deep is the water in your neck of the woods?

I don't have that number, but I know 43" of water hit us in a three day span. Total amount of the city of Houston was 9 trillion gallons (not counting Monday/Tuesday).

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't have that number, but I know 43" of water hit us in a three day span. Total amount of the city of Houston was 9 trillion gallons (not counting Monday/Tuesday).

That's crazy.  Glad to hear you're alright.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's crazy.  Glad to hear you're alright.

Appreciate it, sir. Rain was pretty intense. Friday night was Tornado warnings about every 30 minutes - that rattled me a bit. Dealt with hurricanes, but not tornadoes.

My subdivision has two massive retention ponds, and they were taxed to capacity - but did their jobs. My wife and I talk about buying a new house every year, but I don't think I ever want to leave given how well these ponds work. 

Fun fact I found out today - Harvey dumped twice as much water on Houston than Katrina dumped on New Orleans. This was an intense storm. But, we saw the sun today, first time we've seen it since the eclipse. You'd be surprised how much that does for your mood.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

My subdivision has two massive retention ponds, and they were taxed to capacity - but did their jobs. My wife and I talk about buying a new house every year, but I don't think I ever want to leave given how well these ponds work. 

Or move north you know away from the hurricane zone... lol.