What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think Reese's Puffs are an acceptable alternative to the Cup?  Answer carefully sir, your reputation is at stake here.

Reese's Puffs are pretty great. Not an alternative, but good food nonetheless.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They're ok.

If I'm gonna eat like a child, it's gonna be Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And it s gonna be the whole box.

I mean, it's "The taste you can see." Obvious answer here.

For me, if I'm going to eat like a child, it's fruit snacks/gummy anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

So I guess winning the Big 10 means nothing these days? PSU should have been in last year, OSU should be in this year. Pretty ridiculous that we have to have Bama in just because they're Bama. Playoffs aren't about getting the 'best' teams in, they're about getting teams in that earned it. Hell, I'd rather see USC - my most hated team in any sport - in over Bama, at least they won their conference. 

Imagine if the NFL did that. "Yeah, the Rams won the West, but we feel like Seattle, Carolina, and Atlanta are better, so they're in instead, along with the other division winners."

Why even have conference championships if they don't matter as much as being idle after losing the week before? But hey, they did beat Mercer the week before losing to Auburn. Mercer... MERCER. What a joke. 

I honestly dont get the logic at all. Like bama didnt get a chance to win a conference with one lose and osu got to go with to loses. Why should bama be punished by for having a better confrence than osu. Osu lost to an unranked by a billion points. 

Its just nonses to think that if msu  beat nw then someone osu doesnt deserve it. Its that simple. Osu had a conference team that fumbled a game and bama Didnt. 

9 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Why should bama be punished by for having a better confrence than osu. Osu lost to an unranked by a billion points. 

What makes you think that Bama's division/conference is better than Ohio States? If you want to argue losses, especially the second part about losing to an unranked team by 31, then great. But arguing that Bama's division is better is LAUGHABLE.

Its just nonses to think that if msu  beat nw then someone osu doesnt deserve it. Its that simple. Osu had a conference team that fumbled a game and bama Didnt. 

Bama didn't have a quality game to fumble. A 4 loss Mississippi State or a 3 loss LSU isn't a legitimate tough game. Their only tough game (to a 3 loss team btw) they lost.

I'm hoping that both SEC teams WIN in the 1st round, creating a drama filled rehashing of 2011 debate nationwide with horrific ratings, causing total upheaval in the 4 team playoff a couple of years from now, expanding to an 8 team playoff with set criteria. These ratings are going to be much worse this year than in years past in the Midwest and Pacific regions (shouldn't factor into the decision anyway), and if both SEC teams win they'll go completely in the tank everywhere west of the Mississippi and north of the Mason Dixon line. It took a horrific 2011 ratings/controversy and money loss for major networks/the NCAA to expand this thing, so let's just get it perfect this time.

*Each conference from a Power 5 team gets an automatic playoff birth.

*3 additional "at large" teams will be selected.

Having only 4 playoff teams when you have 5 Power Conferences was confusing from the start. Still better than the BCS but innately flawed. Not having set criteria causes controversy, because some use the "eye test", some use "resumes", some use strength of schedule, some use quality losses as opposed to quality wins, etc. Go ahead and have UCF seeded #8 and have them play Clemson. The always controversial topic of #4 vs. #5 play each other, same conference or not, and this only adds 1 more game to the schedule for 2-4 total teams in the nation. Guess what? High school kids play 15 games if they go to the state championship game. Start the playoff weekend 1 week earlier and let's do this.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Imagine if the NFL did that. "Yeah, the Rams won the West, but we feel like Seattle, Carolina, and Atlanta are better, so they're in instead, along with the other division winners."

Given the reaction when the 7-9 Seahawks, 7-9 Panthers, 8-8 Rams, etc. have made the playoffs, I think the majority would be okay with letting teams with a better record in over teams who won their division with a worse record.