What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Whats the punishment for that? Obviously it was just a prank and there was no intent of real harm.... but at the same time, I agree this is super crappy behavior.

Irrelevant of intent, someone is dead. That's the "involuntary" part of it. Intent to lead to a loss of life is what crosses it into murder/voluntarily manslaughter (I think).

10-15 month is standard sentencing, with the possibility of escalation due to acts of reckless conduct (which I think this falls into).

As far as future cases, I think swatting should be classified as criminal mischief and carry a 3 month sentence as absolute minimum.

Then again, I'm a bit of a stickler.

59 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That's not true at all, Domesticated house cats are the #2 predator in the world by kill count.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/cats-kill-billions-animals-annually-study-finds/story?id=18357853

Feral, un-owned cats are responsible for the majority of deaths

cats are definitely better than small dogs, but I don’t think you’re accurately describing the info in link

feral cats represent!!

Edited by domepatrol91
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll be lounging around with no pants. And I'm counting it as New Years plans.

I’ll be doing it the same.

I’m calling it my New Years plans as well... my wife calls it “embarrassing her in front of her friends” but I think that’s technically plans as well

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Does lounging at home in sweatpants count as New Years plans? I’m not sure I want to do anymore than that. 

Nothing wrong with that. We're doing that for NYE. Hanging out with the kids, and playing games. Won't be out of my PJ's outside of taking a shower at some point.

My plans for the 1st would be the same, but I'm not smart. First disc golf league match of the year, so I'll be outside for 3hrs in 20 degree weather throwing plastic things. 

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Irrelevant of intent, someone is dead. That's the "involuntary" part of it. Intent to lead to a loss of life is what crosses it into murder/voluntarily manslaughter (I think).

10-15 month is standard sentencing, with the possibility of escalation due to acts of reckless conduct (which I think this falls into).

As far as future cases, I think swatting should be classified as criminal mischief and carry a 3 month sentence as absolute minimum.

Then again, I'm a bit of a stickler.

I am pretty sure that the charges are going to depend on the laws for his specific state. In some states, making a false 911 call is a felony while others are a misdemeanor.  If he lives in a state where it is felony, I believe that he can be charged with  second degree murder. Any felony that leads to a death can be charged that way if I remember correctly and this would seem to fall under that classification. 

20 minutes ago, winitall said:

I am pretty sure that the charges are going to depend on the laws for his specific state. In some states, making a false 911 call is a felony while others are a misdemeanor.  If he lives in a state where it is felony, I believe that he can be charged with  second degree murder. Any felony that leads to a death can be charged that way if I remember correctly and this would seem to fall under that classification. 

I'd think that if it was across state lines, it's going to be a federal case. I also think they're going to throw every conceivable charge at him, and see what sticks to set an example.