What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

It goes to show how awful the entertainment industry is today (at least to me), that with all these hundreds and hundreds of TV shows and movies out now, I actually prefer to watch these old shows I pick up on my antenna. I only watch TV when I'm trying to fall asleep to something, so it fits perfectly for that because these shows are more likely to be boring than anything else. But they're never as obnoxious and annoying as any modern show. I like the integrity they had back then. Making a film or show back then was an art form as much as it was a profession. Now it's all an oversaturated clusterf- built on pretentious political agendas and special effects for the sole purpose of drawing a bigger audience and making more money. I'd rather not waste a penny on that, so I watch these dusty movies on a free antenna instead. The only downside is that the commercials are all for old people, and I probably hold some record for being the regular viewer who's the furthest beneath the age of their target demographic.

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

It goes to show how awful the entertainment industry is today (at least to me), that with all these hundreds and hundreds of TV shows and movies out now, I actually prefer to watch these old shows I pick up on my antenna. I only watch TV when I'm trying to fall asleep to something, so it fits perfectly for that because these shows are more likely to be boring than anything else. But they're never as obnoxious and annoying as any modern show. I like the integrity they had back then. Making a film or show back then was an art form as much as it was a profession. Now it's all an oversaturated clusterf- built on pretentious political agendas and special effects for the sole purpose of drawing a bigger audience and making more money. I'd rather not waste a penny on that, so I watch these dusty movies on a free antenna instead. The only downside is that the commercials are all for old people, and I probably hold some record for being the regular viewer who's the furthest beneath the age of their target demographic.

This sounds really pretentious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NS922 said:

Agreed. Spend more time rolling my eyes than being intrigued.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NS922 said:

You're missing out on a LOT of great stuff if you're really believing this.

17 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Lasik isn't covered by insurance for me and not enough in my HSA to cover it yet. Well there is enough but I like having it for emergencies. Never had a problem with glasses but after going on vacations that had me in and out of the sun a lot, decided it would be nice to be able to wear cheap sunglasses that I can easily carry around without a bulky case to keep them safe. 

Oh i understand that.  I saved for a few years before i could have lasik.  It's expensive.

7 hours ago, NS922 said:

Huh, I think tv has gotten better and better...

How anyone can think of shows like Breaking Bad or GoT being of lesser quality than I Love Lucy reruns is unreal to me.

And commercials?  Are you watching TV in 1995? Netflix and DVR have made suffering through repetitive commercials a thing of the past.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Oh i understand that.  I saved for a few years before i could have lasik.  It's expensive.

I'm actually thinking about getting it this year - but I kinda like how I look with glasses on. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You should try a monocle sometime, see how it goes.

I only break that out when I'm at the Yacht Club. Helps me serve drinks better.

• Like 2